The demise of Forest

ladyram

They have a ready made excuse, its that shed they call a football ground, those pink seats can be very distracting, especially as you can see so many of them.

Saw Sunderland on the telly the other day - even pinker than the original Theatre of Pink.

Forest wannabes.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a totally different occurance, bent's was a shot at goal and it hit the beachball.

Pesc's goal was because your goalie miskicked the ball, no different than if it hit a divot and bobbed up. And i quote

"Coffee cup or not, Roche should still have put his foot through the ball. His blunder is not a moment he will want to remember but one he will be reminded of constantly."

And the next excuse is??????

Both goals came through a result of the ball hitting a foreign object, they are similar! It was still a mistake on Roche's part, for one thing he should have noticed the cup and cleared it and also looked where he was kicking the ball. But an unlucky mistake.

We were poor in that game and did not deserve anything.

As for excuses I have never heard a set of fans whinge so much when leaving the ground after the 1-1 draw in November 2008 when you missed a late penalty and had a goal disallowed.

No. It was hilarious listening to you whinging and moaning on the way back to the station after the game!

Aside from the ghost goal at Reading, I can't think of a worse decision by a referee - the fact both of them was by the same ref should sound some alarm bells. 

Aside from the ghost goal at Reading, I can't think of a worse decision by a referee - the fact both of them was by the same ref should sound some alarm bells. 

In 2002 we had a goal wrongly disallowed in a 0-0 draw, you probably were happy to accept that luck though!

In that game he made a lot of questionable calls for both sides, he did not have a clue what he was doing. Referees have generally been above reproach though.

In 2002 we had a goal wrongly disallowed in a 0-0 draw, you probably were happy to accept that luck though!

In that game he made a lot of questionable calls for both sides, he did not have a clue what he was doing. Referees have generally been above reproach though.

He disallowed a goal following absolutely no contact, then he went on to disallow a goal to give a penalty.

It was the bizarre and ridiculous period of play I have ever witnessed. We should have been far, far out of sight already in that game though - we just weren't clinical enough, and when we were the ref disallowed it. 

Also, I can't remember 2002  :lol: bloody slept since then.

He disallowed a goal following absolutely no contact, then he went on to disallow a goal to give a penalty.

It was the bizarre and ridiculous period of play I have ever witnessed. We should have been far, far out of sight already in that game though - we just weren't clinical enough, and when we were the ref disallowed it. 

Also, I can't remember 2002  :lol: bloody slept since then.

Indeed it was and it made what was a very poor game very memorable. The penalty was before that disallowed goal though.

Both goals came through a result of the ball hitting a foreign object, they are similar! It was still a mistake on Roche's part, for one thing he should have noticed the cup and cleared it and also looked where he was kicking the ball. But an unlucky mistake.

We were poor in that game and did not deserve anything.

As for excuses I have never heard a set of fans whinge so much when leaving the ground after the 1-1 draw in November 2008 when you missed a late penalty and had a goal disallowed.

Yet again the past......

And you don't see us making constant excuses and bringing it up all the time. It was a bizarre passage of play, we're within our rights to have a moan. But we're not claiming that all refs are out to get us, and the moon was in Aquarius, therefore 'we was robbed'. On that occasion, we actually were robbed.

Indeed it was and it made what was a very poor game very memorable. The penalty was before that disallowed goal though.

He actually disallowed a goal to give the penalty. A split second after the foul we scored fair and square, should have played advantage. Then he disallowed another goal after the corner after the penalty was played. All in the last couple of minutes.

We should have scored the penalty of course, but a valid tactic against us in recent years has been to simply give away a penalty or free kick, odds are we'll waste it :)

I don't normally wish ill will on many folks, even gumps, but if someone had actually shot Attwell at that point I'd probably have patted them on the back. He completely lost it - the penalty was unnecessary, we were in the process of scoring. You can argue that the Forest players stopped, but the ball was going in anyway. At the very least he should have waited before blowing. Clearly never heard of advantage. The second disallowed goal was ruled out for a push on a Forest defender by another Forest player. It's very clear on the TV replays.

The fact that they were against Forest just made the situation worse but I think I'd have wanted nasty things to happen to Attwell if he'd made those decisions against us whoever the opposition had been. The cherry on top was that the match had been given to him a week after he'd already made one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

Terrible decisions by a terrible referee.

Anyone know how to send complaints into the FA... looks like Reidy could get a ban for 'assault' 

That'd be a shame wouldn't it  :D

To be fair, it's fairly clear in the video, he mistakes the ball for a pie and thinks the Leicester player is trying to deprive him of it....

No. It was hilarious listening to you whinging and moaning on the way back to the station after the game!

Deflecting the issue and living in the past - typical pathetic gump reaction.

Worst episode of refereeing ever seen. Looking back, its absolutely incredible how Atwell could come to the decisions he did. Surely it must be used as a training video now for new refs. 

After an absoloute disgraceful display by a ref in our biggest home game of the season against our rivals.

And we had a moan outside the ground ????. WOOOOOOOWWWWWW cos that wouldn't of happened if it was the other way round would it gump??.

Why is it every time you lot don't have things yer own way and get the rip took out of you, you always either have a stupid excuse or bring up something that happened over 10 years ago.

STOP LIVIN IN THE PAST.

These gumps and their excuses, never known a set of fans like it. ******* pathetic.

A bit like your lot with your constant focus on billy davies pretending it don't matter. He's gone. Let it go.

When he wins the European cup you can erect another statue of a forest genius ;)

Archived