trevor

Tricky1884

hi sorry the hype on radio derby got to me i phoned in for a debate thought i was going on after news at 6. 30pm got on with 4minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in my gripe i am pleased with the job that clough did and accept the bandoard pay the piper and call the tune but dont put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it im afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be people talk of this good run of results were on yes its brill who can say different but the magic did not come overnight it was there first 4 away matches won next match against bolton drew back to last season derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small sqad and a lack of signings in jan transfer window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs the home form was the best in 6 years but note the foundations are place for a top 6 finish a summary of derbys season by the derby telegraph meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job and we are in the top 6 no its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left the magic is it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we as long suffering fans deserve the ride if it dont work out im sure we will find another scapegoat my other point is of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops and its great but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move now he came from a premier wages club leicester wot wages would he be on any way we got 1 full game plus 20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve who is still on our books so not all the signings have been good and it looksn like the tight purse strings have been cut we can now afford players from premier league clubs long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from no shame clough time

So what's your point?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi sorry the hype on radio derby got to me i phoned in for a debate thought i was going on after news at 6. 30pm got on with 4minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in my gripe i am pleased with the job that clough did and accept the bandoard pay the piper and call the tune but dont put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it im afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be people talk of this good run of results were on yes its brill who can say different but the magic did not come overnight it was there first 4 away matches won next match against bolton drew back to last season derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small sqad and a lack of signings in jan transfer window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs the home form was the best in 6 years but note the foundations are place for a top 6 finish a summary of derbys season by the derby telegraph meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job and we are in the top 6 no its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left the magic is it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we as long suffering fans deserve the ride if it dont work out im sure we will find another scapegoat my other point is of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops and its great but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move now he came from a premier wages club leicester wot wages would he be on any way we got 1 full game plus 20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve who is still on our books so not all the signings have been good and it looksn like the tight purse strings have been cut we can now afford players from premier league clubs long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from no shame clough time

Bravo Nigel,ahem,sorry Trevor,

Spot on!

hi sorry the hype on radio derby got to me i phoned in for a debate thought i was going on after news at 6. 30pm got on with 4minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in my gripe i am pleased with the job that clough did and accept the bandoard pay the piper and call the tune but dont put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it im afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach  and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be people talk of this good run of results were on yes its brill who can say different but the magic did not come overnight it was there first 4 away matches won next match against bolton drew back to last season derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small sqad and a lack of signings in jan transfer  window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs the home form was the best in 6 years but note the foundations are place for a top 6 finish a summary of derbys season by the derby telegraph meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job and we are in the top 6 no its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left the magic is it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we as long suffering fans deserve the ride if it dont work out im sure we will find another scapegoat my other point is of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops and its great but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move now he came from a premier wages club leicester wot wages would he be on any way we got 1 full game plus  20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve who is still on our books so not all the signings have been good and it looksn like the tight purse strings have been cut we can now afford players from premier league clubs long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from no shame clough time

The grammar police will have a field day with this. Come on even my 9 year old uses some full stops  :lol:

hi sorry the hype on radio derby got to me i phoned in for a debate thought i was going on after news at 6. 30pm got on with 4minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in my gripe i am pleased with the job that clough did and accept the bandoard pay the piper and call the tune but dont put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it im afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach  and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be people talk of this good run of results were on yes its brill who can say different but the magic did not come overnight it was there first 4 away matches won next match against bolton drew back to last season derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small sqad and a lack of signings in jan transfer  window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs the home form was the best in 6 years but note the foundations are place for a top 6 finish a summary of derbys season by the derby telegraph meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job and we are in the top 6 no its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left the magic is it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we as long suffering fans deserve the ride if it dont work out im sure we will find another scapegoat my other point is of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops and its great but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move now he came from a premier wages club leicester wot wages would he be on any way we got 1 full game plus  20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve who is still on our books so not all the signings have been good and it looksn like the tight purse strings have been cut we can now afford players from premier league clubs long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from no shame clough time

I see.

Hi trevor,

I agree with you on some points and think your a good bloke for ringing in. I think its silly and a shame you only got a few moments to get your point across it should have a different format. I didnt start the topic to upset anyone. Maybe we'll never know about clough and the money/funds etc i think it might have just beeen a case of sam and nigel never got on. I do honestly think sam is trying his best for the club but has a hard job pleasing everyone. once again im sorry if i upset you mate.

Hi trevor,

I agree with you and think your a good bloke for ringing in. I think its silly and a shame you only got a few moments to get your point across. I didnt start the topic to upset anyone. Maybe we'll never know about clough and the money/funds etc i think it might have just beeen a case of sam and nigel never got on once again im sorry if i upset you mate.

To be fair, i think most could see we actually had a decent team, good enough for a playoff challenge. I liked Clough, down to earth and as honest as the day's long with great morals. Top, Top man.

BUT, he was tactically naive, never had a plan B, when the opposition scored he would go and sulk in his chair & worst of all he had his best 11 and wanted to play them, even if it meant playing them out of position.

He got the sack because he was not up to the job, he took us as far as he could & the owners saw that.

To be fair, i think most could see we actually had a decent team, good enough for a playoff challenge. I liked Clough, down to earth and as honest as the day's long with great morals. Top, Top man.

BUT, he was tactically naive, never had a plan B, when the opposition scored he would go and sulk in his chair & worst of all he had his best 11 and wanted to play them, even if it meant playing them out of position.

He got the sack because he was not up to the job, he took us as far as he could & the owners saw that.

= evolution , who's to say Mac is good enough ,  'when' we reach the Prem..

On east midlands today the owner said he expected the team to be where they are now at the end of year two. Sums it up really. Nigel given a long time in business terms (i know its a game). But ive nothing against nigel just wasnt up getting to the next step but found some great players.

= evolution , who's to say Mac is good enough ,  'when' we reach the Prem..

we'll have to wait and see, i think he will do ok because he is doing what he does best, Coaching. I really think we have a great coaching team now with Macca, Simmo & Steele.

You can see them on match day, all in the tech area geeing the lads on, it fantastic to see. And listening to them, not heard that much passion since the Jim smith days.

On east midlands today the owner said he expected the team to be where they are now at the end of year two. Sums it up really. Nigel given a long time in business terms (i know its a game). But ive nothing against nigel just wasnt up getting to the next step but found some great players.

Totally agree.

we'll have to wait and see, i think he will do ok because he is doing what he does best, Coaching. I really think we have a great coaching team now with Macca, Simmo & Steele.

You can see them on match day, all in the tech area geeing the lads on, it fantastic to see. And listening to them, not heard that much passion since the Jim smith days.

Personnally , i hope Mac and team are here for the next 10 years , stability is key for the team atm ,

swapping and changing management staff , is never a good thing , in all walks of life..

Personnally , i hope Mac and team are here for the next 10 years , stability is key for the team atm ,

swapping and changing management staff , is never a good thing , in all walks of life..

Problem is, if he gets us promoted this season and we do ok in the prem the season after do you think other clubs may start sniffin ?.

Problem is, if he gets us promoted this season and we do ok in the prem the season after do you think other clubs may start sniffin ?.

i was listening to a presenter from Middlesboro (on RD) on my way to the Boro match , saying that Mac

was the best manager they'd ever had , but that he was never popular there , the reason being he always

seemed to be on the look-out for a better offer from other clubs. I really feel this is not the case here , and

that he's found his spiritual home , at Derby..

and who can blame him..

i was listening to a presenter from Middlesboro (on RD) on my way to the Boro match , saying that Mac

was the best manager they'd ever had , but that he was never popular there , the reason being he always

seemed to be on the look-out for a better offer from other clubs. I really feel this is not the case here , and

that he's found his spiritual home , at Derby..

and who can blame him..

We've got him at a bit of a crisis time too. He probably could do with proving himself again after the England job hammered his reputation (as it would anyone) in this country. Then he came back and was again the "wally with the brolly" at Forest.

I think perhaps now he'd be more than happy to stay here and prove something. They'll still be sniggering at him and poking fun in some corners.

The media slaughtered him. The Forest job seemed like it might have been his last role as #1 and he'd have to rebuild his reputation either abroad or as a coach

Luckily for us both that we found each other again. And this time Steele and Simmo were available and had history here.

Archived