trevor

Tricky1884

hi sorry the hype on radio derby got to me i phoned in for a debate thought i was going on after news at 6. 30pm got on with 4minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in my gripe i am pleased with the job that clough did and accept the bandoard pay the piper and call the tune but dont put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it im afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach  and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be people talk of this good run of results were on yes its brill who can say different but the magic did not come overnight it was there first 4 away matches won next match against bolton drew back to last season derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small sqad and a lack of signings in jan transfer  window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs the home form was the best in 6 years but note the foundations are place for a top 6 finish a summary of derbys season by the derby telegraph meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job and we are in the top 6 no its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left the magic is it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we as long suffering fans deserve the ride if it dont work out im sure we will find another scapegoat my other point is of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops and its great but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move now he came from a premier wages club leicester wot wages would he be on any way we got 1 full game plus  20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve who is still on our books so not all the signings have been good and it looksn like the tight purse strings have been cut we can now afford players from premier league clubs long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from no shame clough time

I think somewhere in this post you are saying that the team Derby had under Clough was much better than the performances, results and league position suggested, which is exactly why the board took the gamble on appointing what they deemed an improvement. I don't think it's right to suggest Nigel was a 'scapegoat'. A scapegoat for what exactly? You've said the team is good and there are quality players here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On east midlands today the owner said he expected the team to be where they are now at the end of year two. Sums it up really. Nigel given a long time in business terms (i know its a game). But ive nothing against nigel just wasnt up getting to the next step but found some great players.

I think that says a lot more about the owners than Nigel. We're in a good place at the moment but having the squad we do now shows me that the squad we had 3/4 years ago was never even close to being able to compete at the top. Fergie might of struggled to get them promoted.

I think that says a lot more about the owners than Nigel. We're in a good place at the moment but having the squad we do now shows me that the squad we had 3/4 years ago was never even close to being able to compete at the top. Fergie might of struggled to get them promoted.

How did Billy Davies manage then? Is he better than Fergie?

Bywater, McEveley, Leacock, Pearson, Teale were all part of the promotion team and were still here when Nigel arrived.

I think it's more a measure of how mentally incapable Jewell was of piecing together his elaborate jigsaw with too many pieces and how Nigel consistently struggled to get any team to reach it's potential.

How did Billy Davies manage then? Is he better than Fergie?

Bywater, McEveley, Leacock, Pearson, Teale were all part of the promotion team and were still here when Nigel arrived.

I think it's more a measure of how mentally incapable Jewell was of piecing together his elaborate jigsaw with too many pieces and how Nigel consistently struggled to get any team to reach it's potential.

Billy Davies did extremely well to get us promoted but i'd still say that the team he had was much better than what we were left with after we got relegated.

I think people underestimate the effect that the year of being "worst team in history" had on the players too. I think the board thinking we should of been fighting for promotion in their second year is them being very naive.

We did underperform but we were in a real mess at the time.

hi sorry the hype on radio derby got to me i phoned in for a debate thought i was going on after news at 6. 30pm got on with 4minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in my gripe i am pleased with the job that clough did and accept the bandoard pay the piper and call the tune but dont put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it im afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach  and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be people talk of this good run of results were on yes its brill who can say different but the magic did not come overnight it was there first 4 away matches won next match against bolton drew back to last season derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small sqad and a lack of signings in jan transfer  window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs the home form was the best in 6 years but note the foundations are place for a top 6 finish a summary of derbys season by the derby telegraph meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job and we are in the top 6 no its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left the magic is it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we as long suffering fans deserve the ride if it dont work out im sure we will find another scapegoat my other point is of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops and its great but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move now he came from a premier wages club leicester wot wages would he be on any way we got 1 full game plus  20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve who is still on our books so not all the signings have been good and it looksn like the tight purse strings have been cut we can now afford players from premier league clubs long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from no shame clough time

Passed out half way through having forgot to breathe without the full stops.

patience only my second post fullstops in 2014 when i get the hang of this thing to be mentioned in the same class as b4 is a honour dont worry about upseting me ive been around a long time but thank you back to the hype that got me going i must say you get more time on here than radio derby and nicer cliental hope the spellings alright my point is the basic team is assembled here academy  under 21s  plus first team sqad the southstand thanks to nick and many more people to give us a better atmosephere at homematches is on going plus safe standing with the support of the last manager the fans are there praying for the teams success im not saying clough is a scapegoat a victim of modern day football the decision is made by the board we move on we are football supporters fun loving not stupid for derby to employ a x radio presenter experienced in asking the right questions for any backlash from fans and to make out that everthing good about the club is because of a change in personell and title manager to headcoach is not on somefans wanted a change others wanted to give it the season the call was made by the board and maclaren was the new man but what is happening is not all down to maclaren it was there  please no more questions i would rather just read your comments ps thanks for my own spot

Trevor, please don't remain silent though.

I would say, if you cannot find the little dot (there might be one situated 2 keys to the right of the M key, and one under the 3 key on the right hand side), then perhaps hit the enter button after each sentence.

dear mostyn.

your posts of late seem a lot more reasonable of late.while advacating change.

youi welcome the new coaches and while enjoying the well deserved success the change has brought.

also realize the big steps made in the last 4 years my point.

thanks for the fullstops.

i know now why its sir mostynj

Posted Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Hi,

Sorry the hype on radio derby got to me,  I  phoned in for a debate, I  thought I was going on after  the news at 6.30pm, i  got on with 4 minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in.

My gripe was, I am pleased with the job that Clough did and accept the board  pay the piper and  call the tunes,  but don't put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it. 

I'm afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be.   People talk of this good run of results where on, and "yes its brill,  who can say different"  but the magic did not come overnight,  it was there already.  

First 4 away matches won,  next match against bolton drew.  

Back to last season,  derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small squad and a lack of signings in jan transfer window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs.  

The home form was the best in 6 years,  but note the foundations are in place for a top 6 finish.

A summary of derby's season by the derby telegraph.  Meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job.    We are in the top 6, and no,  its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit,  and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left.  

The magic is,  it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we,  as long suffering fans deserve the ride.   If it don't work out i'm sure we will find another scapegoat.   My other point is,  of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops,  and its great,  but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed.   Mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move,  now he came from a premier wages club leicester what wages would he be on?  We got 1 full game plus  20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve,  who is still on our books,  so not all the signings have been good and it looks like the tight purse strings have been cut.  If this so  we can now afford players from premier league clubs.

Long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from there is no shame in "Clough time" 

I hope this is an easier read..... 

Regards

Trev1946       

dear mostyn.

your posts of late seem a lot more reasonable of late.while advacating change.

youi welcome the new coaches and while enjoying the well deserved success the change has brought.

also realize the big steps made in the last 4 years my point.

thanks for the fullstops.

i know now why its sir mostynj

Mostyn's got a future in technical support.

Posted Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Hi,

Sorry the hype on radio derby got to me,  I  phoned in for a debate, I  thought I was going on after  the news at 6.30pm, i  got on with 4 minutes to go and they had to get 3 more callers in.

My gripe was, I am pleased with the job that Clough did and accept the board  pay the piper and  call the tunes,  but don't put 4 years of hard work to one side and say that a coach of 10 weeks is responsible for it. 

I'm afraid the footballing world know better McClaren is very good coach and has moved the rams forward to where we want to be.   People talk of this good run of results where on, and "yes its brill,  who can say different"  but the magic did not come overnight,  it was there already.  

First 4 away matches won,  next match against bolton drew.  

Back to last season,  derby finished 10th and it was noted that only the small squad and a lack of signings in jan transfer window meant the club did not qualify for the playoffs.  

The home form was the best in 6 years,  but note the foundations are in place for a top 6 finish.

A summary of derby's season by the derby telegraph.  Meanwhile McClaren was waiting for the forest job.    We are in the top 6, and no,  its not magic its hard work and McClaren and his team are doing their bit,  and to be fair McClaren accepts the first class players he has been left.  

The magic is,  it has been put together on a shoestring and if the board is going to splash the cash on transfers or wages we,  as long suffering fans deserve the ride.   If it don't work out i'm sure we will find another scapegoat.   My other point is,  of this moment the good loans are being shouted from the rooftops,  and its great,  but the sacking after the forest defeat was followed by the central defender most fans thought we needed.   Mr rush bought zak whitbread to show that things would move,  now he came from a premier wages club leicester what wages would he be on?  We got 1 full game plus  20 minutes out of a injury prone leicester reserve,  who is still on our books,  so not all the signings have been good and it looks like the tight purse strings have been cut.  If this so  we can now afford players from premier league clubs.

Long may it continue but lets not forget where we came from there is no shame in "Clough time" 

I hope this is an easier read..... 

Regards

Trev1946       

Zac is nearly fit and he played  2.3333 recurring  games as he scored against Ipswich  both ends and played against Leeds and got injured at Watford so hes never been in a losing Rams side .

lol

Trevor,

I Believe that Nigel Clough did what he could do and found life hard with a mediocre back room staff, he bought in good players but had little chance to improve further. He also did well to bring in players that he did as his brother was the scout and he didnt have the contacts.

Steve Mclaren and co have come in and have been able to get the players up beat and playing better, but this has to do with the quality of the loan signings that were first bought in on a trial before us commiting to signing their contracts. by introducing them into the fold it has given us pace and a bit of one touch skill.

The coach/manager is now able to change up and actually make substitutions which clough seemed against. and as one blogger put had no plan B. we have seen derby now after going 1-0 nil up try and improve this not go and try and defend it. 

Look clough got his five years and failed to get us promoted, the board saw an opportunity to move the club up a few levels and took it.

I also think the board had no faith in the backroom staff not necessarily Clough. but do in the new set up recent loan signings back this up.

lets hope derby continue this form through the christmas and new year period, then i feel we might be able to start shouting!!

Ps Nice to see Silly Billy over the trent up to his old tricks!!! 4 year contract he will be gone by the end of feb or end of the season with 3 years pay in his pocket!! also he is upsetting all the press, they are waiting to pounce. and as many derby fans know with him and any club " It will all end in tears" 

well done trev for shouting up you have a point but it was time for clough to go maybe should have gone at the end of last season

"Up The Rams"

FULL STOPS

patience only my second post fullstops in 2014 when i get the hang of this thing to be mentioned in the same class as b4 is a honour dont worry about upseting me ive been around a long time but thank you back to the hype that got me going i must say you get more time on here than radio derby and nicer cliental hope the spellings alright my point is the basic team is assembled here academy under 21s plus first team sqad the southstand thanks to nick and many more people to give us a better atmosephere at homematches is on going plus safe standing with the support of the last manager the fans are there praying for the teams success im not saying clough is a scapegoat a victim of modern day football the decision is made by the board we move on we are football supporters fun loving not stupid for derby to employ a x radio presenter experienced in asking the right questions for any backlash from fans and to make out that everthing good about the club is because of a change in personell and title manager to headcoach is not on somefans wanted a change others wanted to give it the season the call was made by the board and McClaren was the new man but what is happening is not all down to McClaren it was there please no more questions i would rather just read your comments ps thanks for my own spot

Ouch

Clough while eventually getting a decent squad together was never going to make it He didn't even recognise we were rubbish in defence (which now seems to have been put right with 3 of the 4 personell Clough had to work with) one reason for that is the obviously better organisation of the defence the other reason is that we don't give teams the ball any more did you notice that when we went ahead against Blackpool we didn't sit on the edge of our penalty area lumping the ball up to the opposition inviting wave after wave of attack that our ball playing midfield was supposed to scrap it out for 40 mins? No? You might have noticed that we passed the ball retained possession kept playing football kept doing the things that got into the lead in the first place kept probing their defence till they made a mistake more passes than Barcelona don't you see a difference? Players playing without fear kick the ball into the corner flags what's that all about even last week Clough's interview went along the lines of I tell them to keep it tight for 80 mins then see if we can pinch it McClaren interview 10 mins to go how can we win this lets throw on another forward 4 up top for last 10 against Boro and what happens we win do you think that's a coincidence no neither do I

Ahhhh

for someone who tried to speak on radio derby,ive been very busy doing something strange and new.

writing on ramstalk not reading it.

to have my own page is a honour i must thank tricky1884 i did ask for no more questions dont blame me for the following.

srg  you passing out is good.

alfa  thanks for  welcome.

eddie  always   the wise one.

gritstone   46 goodyear;

curtains  23333 games   hes older than i thought.

leicester ram  just what needed on here a scholar.

ilkley ram    remember with pride all derbys achievements.

curbs   blackpool had a weak side a make shift defence and davies at centerforward.

derby did a very accomplished job i have no intention of getting into a.

clough or maclaren debate two different times clough gone  maclaren now.

managers plus boards come n go fans are  forever.

it not be long before you get my life story and my xmas wish,

been great and educational .

a in case they shut me down    merry xmas.

tip   dont talk on radio derby

Archived