Is it ever justifiable to switch allegiances?

TigerTedd

Oooh i'm bored of being a bloke, i'm going to try living as a bat for a while......

Hanging upside down isn't much fun so i thought i'd try living as dog......

running round on all fours, and sniffing other dogs arses.

The problem was the other owners kept hitting me with their handbags.

Doesn't really work, does it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No excuse after the age of legal responsibility. Once you get to 13, if you change your club you're dead to all reasonable football fans.

I thought someone would say that and I used to agree with it massively when I was 12 ;-)

I honestly knew I might walk away totally when Nige stopped managing. I just hoped Derby would be his last job ;-)

I love this topic, I've had some great conversations in the pub about it where we've talked about it for 15 minutes then decided I was right ;-) Even though I class myself as a proper football man, I'm definitely not welcome by other fans, even those with garbage knowledge of the game give me stick.  Even the little mincers who've never kicked a ball in their life jump on the band wagon.

Hang on a minute mate, you don't even know the name of your own central midfielder and you'll have a pop at me??

Moronic football fans, too many of them are total ******.

What happens if you weren't a fan of football in general but then your brother/father/best mate/uncle was a player/manager. What if your brother/father/best mate/uncle has played for a club his whole life then goes on to manage their bitterest local rivals.

What would you do then? Ditch the family  or continue to support them.

Serious question in my remaining 3 minutes 45 on line. I'll be back on to read the answers later.

FWIW. I know I'm a disgrace and dead to the world as a football fan but how could I ever carry on supporting a team when every manager (apart from one) since the one I loved had been a total piece of **** and almost an anti image of the football I was brought up to believe in. Total opposite of the type of men I was brought up to admire.

I've supported 3 teams my whole life and I'm never going to be ashamed of that, I just don't really fancy changing to a fourth, especially a fourth with no connection to me whatsoever. So it means I go back to the first club I loved and I stay there. 

A frauid.

For me it was an easy choice, follow someone you strongly dislike or don't be a proper fan. For example I preferred to cut all ties and get called all the names under the sun than to ever follow Forest under Billy Davies? Harry Basset? Ron Atkinson? Fecking Gary Megson?

Anti Christs of football all of them.

It wasn't meant literally RR, I don't believe you have to be ostracised and banned from society...well, not completely. ;)

That forum blocking software I installed is bloody good. I'm getting so much work done before 12 than I was doing all day.

But it means I've only got 10 minutes a day needles. (although it seems I've got more time on a Saturday)

I've been waiting for a chance to write something long and totally unnecessary.

It was the best I could do with 10 minutes.

Come on you RamsRedsBrewersRams !!!!

I have always chosen a team that is an underdog. And once I have chosen a team because a Finnish player from my favourite team moved there. To NHL team Edmonton Oilers. It so happened that all those teams that were once underdogs became more or less dynasties. Several championships in a few years time. And I got fed up with them all.

I still have a place for them in my heart but it ain't the same. So I guess I'm some kind of anti gloryhunter.

Nowadays that I'm not so passionate about hockey and american football teams anymore I find myself more of a fan for some players than the teams.

Still it is safe to say that I will always follow Derby and Port Vale as my number 1 and number 2 teams. ( Unless people keep running from me on my visits to Brunny. )

About 30 years ago when they played in fourth division they played a cup game against some first division big club and lost. After that I just started follow their results and in years to follow I found myself really supporting them.

Archived