Thank you

Mostyn6

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall you ever being honest enough to give your honest opinion when I was being ripped to shreds 8 months ago!

Interesting how you view that there is a lack of honesty because I wasn't in your fantasy Clough out cabal with your band of followers

'When you were getting ripped to shreds'. All very dramatic but consistent in your Walter Mitty persona.

It's quite possible we share the same opinions about DCFC but how we represent them is another matter.

For what it's worth I would never question the honesty of the opinions you share, I truly believe that

you think one day you will be the manager of DCFC.

Interesting how you view that there is a lack of honesty because I wasn't in your fantasy Clough out cabal with your band of followers

'When you were getting ripped to shreds'. All very dramatic but consistent in your Walter Mitty persona.

It's quite possible we share the same opinions about DCFC but how we represent them is another matter.

For what it's worth I would never question the honesty of the opinions you share, I truly believe that

you think one day you will be the manager of DCFC.

Fantasy? Band of followers? Walter Mitty?

Hmmm, you have some issues me duck!

You clearly know nothing of me or about me, I know I'm never going to be the manager of Derby, except on PC simulation games.

Fantasy? Band of followers? Walter Mitty?

Hmmm, you have some issues me duck!

You clearly know nothing of me or about me, I know I'm never going to be the manager of Derby, except on PC simulation games.

Correct I don't know you, or nor do I know anything of you (should I? Are you famous for something I'm unaware of?) and I'm sure your an exceedingly nice chap. However, it's my view that you come across as an egotistical know it all and that's there to be challenged.

So I think not knowing you is neither here nor there when using an Internet forum, unless there is some initiation ceremony where everyone meets up before there allowed to post things about people that I'm unaware of.

Is that aimed at me? I haven't start a thread about Clough for months.

You don't need to, Mostyn.

There's plenty of existing non-Clough threads that are ripe for conversion.

:p

Correct I don't know you, or nor do I know anything of you (should I? Are you famous for something I'm unaware of?) and I'm sure your an exceedingly nice chap. However, it's my view that you come across as an egotistical know it all and that's there to be challenged.

So I think not knowing you is neither here nor there when using an Internet forum, unless there is some initiation ceremony where everyone meets up before there allowed to post things about people that I'm unaware of.

I'd like to sit and have a beer with a lot of posters on here. A lot is lost in context on the internet.

Take this very thread for instance, it was composed as a result of me buzzing and being truly thankful that incisive action was taken and that as a Derby fan, I still have something more than just the Forest and Leeds games to look forward to, YET, some people on here have chosen to read something else into it. I have not rubbed anyone's nose in it yet, after loads of abuse and people telling me (and others of similar opinion) that NO other manager could do better under this board, I've never thrown anything back since Clough left, so why is this article being turned into a debate about me. Re-read the original post, yes I predicted some bitter people would shoot me down, but I'm now the positive one.

What exactly in this original post has offended you so deeply?

The previous manager's name shouldn't be mentioned in threads like this. He did a fantastic job in treacherous circumstances, and factually the minor success we're enjoying at the moment would not be possible without the work of him and his team.

But this is a thread about McClaren being installed being the right decision. It's about moving forward. Comparisons are a ) pointless, due to the different circumstances they worked/work under, and b ) unproductive. What's to be gained by it?

why shouldn't we discuss it?

If the decision wasn't made, what situation might we be in now?

Let's just not talk about anything... EVER!

McClaren has been appointed. If Clough had been sacked and Gary Megson was in charge, you wouldn't then say what a good thing it was that they took the decision.

They made a decision to get rid of Clough. The next decision they made, who the new manager is, is the one you're really pleased with, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the new manager.

McClaren has been appointed. If Clough had been sacked and Gary Megson was in charge, you wouldn't then say what a good thing it was that they took the decision.

They made a decision to get rid of Clough. The next decision they made, who the new manager is, is the one you're really pleased with, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the new manager.

nobody can say that. I can't. For what it's worth, Megson has a better pedigree as a manager than NC, so there's a good chance he would've been an improvement, even if not up to the level some of us think McClaren/Simpson/Steele have got us.

It was a brave brave decision, one I personally didn't think they'd make unless relegation was possible.

Archived