Thank you

Mostyn6

nobody can say that. I can't. For what it's worth, Megson has a better pedigree as a manager than NC, so there's a good chance he would've been an improvement, even if not up to the level some of us think McClaren/Simpson/Steele have got us.

It was a brave brave decision, one I personally didn't think they'd make unless relegation was possible.

'Pedigree' is an opinion. If you asked 100 people whether they'd have Megson or Clough at their club, I reckon most would go with Clough.

It was a brave decision but if it was based on fear of relegation then that'd be deluded, given NC had far worse squads to stay up with in the previous 4 years. Instead it was to do with him not being capable of taking us to the next level (as the board said in their statement), which I agree with - I'm not sure he could take us to the next level.

I'm happy McClaren is here, how it happened is irrelevant.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to sit and have a beer with a lot of posters on here. A lot is lost in context on the internet.

Take this very thread for instance, it was composed as a result of me buzzing and being truly thankful that incisive action was taken and that as a Derby fan, I still have something more than just the Forest and Leeds games to look forward to, YET, some people on here have chosen to read something else into it. I have not rubbed anyone's nose in it yet, after loads of abuse and people telling me (and others of similar opinion) that NO other manager could do better under this board, I've never thrown anything back since Clough left, so why is this article being turned into a debate about me. Re-read the original post, yes I predicted some bitter people would shoot me down, but I'm now the positive one.

What exactly in this original post has offended you so deeply?

Four legs good, two legs better.

'Pedigree' is an opinion. If you asked 100 people whether they'd have Megson or Clough at their club, I reckon most would go with Clough.

It was a brave decision but if it was based on fear of relegation then that'd be deluded, given NC had far worse squads to stay up with in the previous 4 years. Instead it was to do with him not being capable of taking us to the next level (as the board said in their statement), which I agree with - I'm not sure he could take us to the next level.

I'm happy McClaren is here, how it happened is irrelevant.

I never said it was based on relegation, I said I thought they'd only ever make the decision if it was a possibility. As it happened, I thought we'd have a decent season under NC at the start of the season.

huh?

No. I'm in charge of all the wheels at a factory that makes big yellow machines in Staffordshire, although I don't want to name them as they scan internet for mentions....

Just thought of Hope with all the earth movers. Sounds alright that, they've been a bit **** with some of the lads recently though haven't they? Setting up their own agency firm to employ agency workers and paying them a lot less than they otherwise would have to, then sodding them off when it gets quiet, despite making huge profits?

A lot of the Stokies I know can't stand the mention of them but then again, a mate I haven't seen for a while developed a few parts for the military side and he loved it, dunno if he's still there.

why shouldn't we discuss it?

If the decision wasn't made, what situation might we be in now?

Let's just not talk about anything... EVER!

Just had a mental image of you in a pink dress and white shoes, stamping your feet and scweaming and scweaming.

As you say, probably not how you meant it to come accross

:)

I'd like to sit and have a beer with a lot of posters on here. A lot is lost in context on the internet.

Take this very thread for instance, it was composed as a result of me buzzing and being truly thankful that incisive action was taken and that as a Derby fan, I still have something more than just the Forest and Leeds games to look forward to, YET, some people on here have chosen to read something else into it. I have not rubbed anyone's nose in it yet, after loads of abuse and people telling me (and others of similar opinion) that NO other manager could do better under this board, I've never thrown anything back since Clough left, so why is this article being turned into a debate about me. Re-read the original post, yes I predicted some bitter people would shoot me down, but I'm now the positive one.

What exactly in this original post has offended you so deeply?

I wasn't offended by anything you have said.

I don't think anybody would fall out with the part of your OP that emphasises all the positive things going on at the moment. For me it goes wrong when you revert any point your making back to yourself ( the I was saying this four years ago bit) and any of the attempted goodwill disappears up the rear end of your own hubris. Maybe this isn't your intention and it's just the way you come across, maybe your a man who can't stop looking at his own reflection or perhaps your just on the wind up.

I wasn't offended by anything you have said.

I don't think anybody would fall out with the part of your OP that emphasises all the positive things going on at the moment. For me it goes wrong when you revert any point your making back to yourself ( the I was saying this four years ago bit) and any of the attempted goodwill disappears up the rear end of your own hubris. Maybe this isn't your intention and it's just the way you come across, maybe your a man who can't stop looking at his own reflection or perhaps your just on the wind up.

think that's genuinely harsh. My mention of the four years is in the context of the rows, petty squabbles and division having that opinion cause. Back in promotion, and even relegation season, there was no animosity, but there was in the previous four years. I never mentioned anything I've said in those four years other than to say it was my own opinion being voiced! 

think that's genuinely harsh. My mention of the four years is in the context of the rows, petty squabbles and division having that opinion cause. Back in promotion, and even relegation season, there was no animosity, but there was in the previous four years. I never mentioned anything I've said in those four years other than to say it was my own opinion being voiced!

That's fair enough and I don't doubt the opinion you share is genuine, but as I said before the way anyone on any forum represents their view opens it up to be challenged as much as the content of what their saying.

That's fair enough and I don't doubt the opinion you share is genuine, but as I said before the way anyone on any forum represents their view opens it up to be challenged as much as the content of what their saying.

Maybe only if you're not confident of challenging the content.

Maybe only if you're not confident of challenging the content.

Were on a football forum talking about football, I doubt anyone who participates has trouble understanding concepts such as sacking managers, appointing managers etc.

If you think there is a lack of confidence on my part, good for you.

Were on a football forum talking about football, I doubt anyone who participates has trouble understanding concepts such as sacking managers, appointing managers etc.

If you think there is a lack of confidence on my part, good for you.

well, some of us are!

Archived