Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

Finally after pretty much a whole day tinkering with tactics I've got a good system.  A rigid/control 4-2-3-1 that's working great 60-70% posession and very good defensively.

Managed to sell off the dead wood of Ball, Bailey, Deeney & Ward for around £1.8m.  Brought in LB Bob Harris from Blackpool, a young Italian CM (he's Hendrick with added flair) on a free and a 30yo Italian Winger for around £200k both are having the Idiakez Effect and making the rest of the team look class.  Keep meaning to Google both of them to see if they're reagans or not...  So I've started the season with -

-----------------------------------Grant/Ledgz

Smith/Freeman------Keogh--------Buxton/Gorjak-----------Harris/Forsyth

---------------Young Italian/Bryson-----Hendrick/Eustace

Older Italian/Coutts-----------Hughes/Martin----------------------Jacobs/Russell

------------------------------------Sammon

And up to the point in the season where we are now (Shef Weds game) I'm top P15 W11 D1 L3.  Highlight of the season is taking the Red Dogs to the cleaners twice in 3 days (away at the Sh1tty Ground & League Cup), lowlight is getting tonked 4-1 at home to Burnley in the next round.  After an annoying loss to Brum at home I've stuck OB back into the reserves to get back up to speed and brought in Srg's fave Tiago Ilori on a 3 month loan.  My main concern at the moment is if either Hughes or Sammon get injured, as nobody else in the squad can play their roles effectively.  Sammon has 17 goals, and Hughes is the 2nd best in Assists with 7.

In other news King Bill-eh has got the sack (you see, even the Sports Interactive staff hate his guts) and Schteve has taken over at Watford.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 5-2-1-2 formation (with wing backs) was very effective. I drew a lot but only lost 2 during the whole season in the league. Sammon scored 26 (finished second top scorer) and Hughes assisted 27 (most in the league)

I managed to flog Coutts for £1.5m, bailey for £600k and Man city bought Legzdins for the same fee. I signed Briggs for just £300k to play on the left, and signed Bouma and Kyrgiakos to play in defence alongside loan signing Kalas. Miguel was also signed on a free to provide cover for Smith. Marchena was also signed for £100k in January.

Finished the season with:

-----------------------Grant-----------------------

---------Marchena Kalas Kyrgiakos---------

Smith ------------------------------------Briggs

----------------Hendrick Bryson----------------

----------------------Hughes----------------------

-----------------Russell Sammon--------------

just survived my first season in the prem, won the first 2 games of the season and then didn't win untill Feb... Finished 15th in the end but was only 2 points from getting relegated

Was given 15M to spend for the new season, biggest signings were my new front 2, Pato and Cardozo... Somehow I've still got Hughes, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal were all bidding around 20M but I'm holding out for 35-40

Finally after pretty much a whole day tinkering with tactics I've got a good system.  A rigid/control 4-2-3-1 that's working great 60-70% posession and very good defensively.

Managed to sell off the dead wood of Ball, Bailey, Deeney & Ward for around £1.8m.  Brought in LB Bob Harris from Blackpool, a young Italian CM (he's Hendrick with added flair) on a free and a 30yo Italian Winger for around £200k both are having the Idiakez Effect and making the rest of the team look class.  Keep meaning to Google both of them to see if they're reagans or not...  So I've started the season with -

-----------------------------------Grant/Ledgz

Smith/Freeman------Keogh--------Buxton/Gorjak-----------Harris/Forsyth

---------------Young Italian/Bryson-----Hendrick/Eustace

Older Italian/Coutts-----------Hughes/Martin----------------------Jacobs/Russell

------------------------------------Sammon

And up to the point in the season where we are now (Shef Weds game) I'm top P15 W11 D1 L3.  Highlight of the season is taking the Red Dogs to the cleaners twice in 3 days (away at the Sh1tty Ground & League Cup), lowlight is getting tonked 4-1 at home to Burnley in the next round.  After an annoying loss to Brum at home I've stuck OB back into the reserves to get back up to speed and brought in Srg's fave Tiago Ilori on a 3 month loan.  My main concern at the moment is if either Hughes or Sammon get injured, as nobody else in the squad can play their roles effectively.  Sammon has 17 goals, and Hughes is the 2nd best in Assists with 7.

In other news King Bill-eh has got the sack (you see, even the Sports Interactive staff hate his guts) and Schteve has taken over at Watford.

what are your tactics

just survived my first season in the prem, won the first 2 games of the season and then didn't win untill Feb... Finished 15th in the end but was only 2 points from getting relegated

Was given 15M to spend for the new season, biggest signings were my new front 2, Pato and Cardozo... Somehow I've still got Hughes, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal were all bidding around 20M but I'm holding out for 35-40

You'll never get that.

what are your tactics

'd/13/11/21/uqyqugat' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

'd/13/11/21/atevyde5' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

You're on your own with the player instructions, too much to post up.

Just gotten to the New Year and I'm 13pts clear. Sammon has chipped in 22 goals & my older Italian, Pietro De Giorgio has 12 from either the wing or AMC.

Weirdly, I was offered a new contract by the board but due to me asking for an increase in available transfer funds they insisted I take pay cut. Tight bar-stewards!

You'll never get that.

Your probably right, it looks like it wont matter though... We've just been taken over, they've given me 10M more to spend and improved the facilities but they want Tony Pulis as manager

Gutted. 

Your probably right, it looks like it wont matter though... We've just been taken over, they've given me 10M more to spend and improved the facilities but they want Tony Pulis as manager

Gutted. 

That's horrible. But what you can do about it?

Gutted. 

if it's anything like previous versions, as long as the fans are behind you, you'll be fine.

I was subject to a takeover and the new chairman wanted Aidy Boothroyd as manager, but when they took over, the chairman was 'surprised and pleased' with the level of support for my management so they would leave me alone for the time being!

Finished my first season in PL with style. 10th place is very good achievement compared how season started. Got 44 points so difference between top and bottom was huge. Interesting summer ahead, I've already sold Hendrick and replaced him with Huddlestone...

if it's anything like previous versions, as long as the fans are behind you, you'll be fine.

I was subject to a takeover and the new chairman wanted Aidy Boothroyd as manager, but when they took over, the chairman was 'surprised and pleased' with the level of support for my management so they would leave me alone for the time being!

Your right thats what happened! I would have just resigned and made a new manager anyway lol

I've just adjusted the budget with what they've added, I can spend 30M and have a wage budget of 1.4M... Should be fun now  :D

Second summer behind now. Very, very happy with the team. Hughes and Bennett still here, Hughes as a 3 star and potential to 4 so one of the most potential players in the team. Pretty much everyone in first team have ability of 3,5 stars, some has potential up to 4,5. Squad is thin though so hopefully injuries doesn't hit hard this season. I've also upgraded training facilities and youth facilities are in progress atm. Board expects mid table finish, but I'd prefer in six...

Second summer behind now. Very, very happy with the team. Hughes and Bennett still here, Hughes as a 3 star and potential to 4 so one of the most potential players in the team. Pretty much everyone in first team have ability of 3,5 stars, some has potential up to 4,5. Squad is thin though so hopefully injuries doesn't hit hard this season. I've also upgraded training facilities and youth facilities are in progress atm. Board expects mid table finish, but I'd prefer in six...

Your scouts must be awful. Hughes has 5 star potential, and is comfortably 4 star ability after a couple of seasons

Your scouts must be awful. Hughes has 5 star potential, and is comfortably 4 star ability after a couple of seasons

The one who makes reports has 19/20.

He used to have those kind of ratings but that's how those declines when other players around are better...

The one who makes reports has 19/20.

He used to have those kind of ratings but that's how those declines when other players around are better...

Who the hell have you signed who's better?! He's starting every week for title winning Man City on mine.

Archived