Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

I can't get rid of Sammon... people only want him on loan. I want to get back what we paid for the lump.

Got rid of Coutts and Bavies... signed Keith Fahey, Zaliukas, Seitaridis. Also going to sign Bothroyd after scoring twice in a trial game against Burton.

Already lost Russell, Buxton and Forsyth to 3 month hamstrings... clearly a bug.

Searching for a left back now.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about FM14... I always find FM is one of those games that you get into loads for about a month and then sporadically go back to a couple of months after, so probably won't bother this year as I've only just got into FM13 properly and the xbox one is coming soon!

Enjoying FM13 atm though, got Derby into the 14/15 Champions league using a 5-3-1-2/4-2-3-1 formation with Will Hughes being a regular in the England starting team!

Not sure about FM14... I always find FM is one of those games that you get into loads for about a month and then sporadically go back to a couple of months after, so probably won't bother this year as I've only just got into FM13 properly and the xbox one is coming soon!

Enjoying FM13 atm though, got Derby into the 14/15 Champions league using a 5-3-1-2/4-2-3-1 formation with Will Hughes being a regular in the England starting team!

How is that possible without boosting everything on the editor?

I'm extremely disappointed, 'cause I managed only to play couple of games (demo/beta version). And calendar looks like I won't have time to buy this for now.

After first few games it felt like tactics and instructions meant something...And most importantly it felt like it could've been harder than previous ones.

Keep me updated, guys. If it really is harder, I have to arrenge some time for it.

The key is the formation, either he made a bold move and played without a keeper or he somehow smuggled an extra player on!

I liked FM13, was seriously addicted for a few months got Burton into the champions league in the year 2020 or something ridiculous (had Will Hughes and Mason Bennett in my team). I've not played it for 6 months or so now. I might go back to that one but I doubt I'll splash out and buy the new one.

The key is the formation, either he made a bold move and played without a keeper or he somehow smuggled an extra player on!

I liked FM13, was seriously addicted for a few months got Burton into the champions league in the year 2020 or something ridiculous (had Will Hughes and Mason Bennett in my team). I've not played it for 6 months or so now. I might go back to that one but I doubt I'll splash out and buy the new one.

Haha, not quite!! Managed to get some ex Brazil superstars in: Rivaldo and Adriano along side Le Fondre up front. Hughes became quality as soon as we got into the prem and Bennett plays a key role off the bench!!! I'm sure it's a lot of luck but always try getting a decent coached set up and try and play rigid formations with a high defense training workload... seems to cause loads of upsets and you can spank some teams on the odd occasion!

How's everyone doing on it?

I finished about 15th first season, I'm currently 5points clear after 16 game in my second.

Notable players I have bought/sold:

Michael Dingsdag, Sebastian Coates (loan), Jack Robinson (loan), Paul Caddis, David Fox, Ardlene Guedioura, Ryo Miyaichi (loan), Jesse Lingard, Alex Nimely, Karim Guede

Managed to sell Sammon for 2.3m, sold Barker too.

Won league first season bought in Hulse, Delaney 200k, Stevens 600k from Villa and sold Davies, Bailey, Legzdins, Deeney and Coutts for a total of 1.36 million .

Second season I'm 10th with 4 games left brought:

McCarthy GK Reading 1.5M

Sidwell CM Free

Tiendalli RB Swansea Loan

Rudd GK Norwich Free

Gamberini CB Free

Petric ST West Ham 275k

Pilkington Norwich 375k

Williams Palace 6.5 million

Coates Liverpool Loan

Sold Grant, Barker, Martin

I am trying to perfect my own version of Dortmund's pressing game using 2 centre backs and a sweeper cum defensive midfielder 'half back'. Can't get the players to press enough though. Any tips?

I find that difficult. Just put it on hassle, get stuck in, push defensive line up so you're pressuring higher up... see how that goes.

I'm currently dominating with a 4-3-1-2, with 3 CMs. Will Hughes is absolutely made for the Eganche role.

I bought this game, I just can't get the hang of it. Have no idea what I'm doing.

Got sacked the first season, second season I've played 10, won 2, drew 2 and lost the rest. Even got battered by Preston 2-4 at home in the cup.

How do I learn how to play this game?

have to be patient 

I bought this game, I just can't get the hang of it. Have no idea what I'm doing.

Got sacked the first season, second season I've played 10, won 2, drew 2 and lost the rest. Even got battered by Preston 2-4 at home in the cup.

How do I learn how to play this game?

search for good tactics on the web mate, or just play FIFA...

Archived