watches....to dream on for

froggg

Germany does produce awesome watches. A Lange Söhne will be out of my reach forever but Glashutte Original is a fantastic brand and I hope that one day I'll get one. Probably pre owned. :unsure:

I do have a Sinn 556 and it has served me very well. Would like to get a couple of other Sinn watches too. Never had a Nomos but they are quality with reasonable prices.

7 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Hello Cisse,I have been offered 2 watches by Tissot,one is a Ballade,and the other a Caballero,from a private seller,he told me he bought them in Austria in the early 1990's,he is asking 150euro's for each watch,what are your thoughts

Doesn't sound totally unreasonable but I would like to know a few things.

Are they both automatic

What make and model

What year

Condition

Any kowledge of their service history

On 21/01/2016 at 20:15, Cisse said:

Doesn't sound totally unreasonable but I would like to know a few things.

Are they both automatic

What make and model

What year

Condition

Any kowledge of their service history

Hello Cisse,the watches are both Automatic,year early 1990,condition very good,no knowledge of service history,no boxes or paperwork

The guy who is selling them says he is selling because the straps no longer fit his wrist,I think he is a dealer as he says he 

has a collection of watches.The watches are a Tissot Ballade and a Tissot Caballero,I saw these watches advertised on a website called Digamextra,if you want to look I think they were advertised on the edition 127,20th of January.Digamextra is an English website in Spain for people buying/selling,there is a picture of the watches on there.Thanks for your help.David

7 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

What would you value them at ?

If they really are quartz I would just pass. Not really qualified to name the price. I bought a new unworn Tissot Le Locle for my dad a couple of years ago. The list price was 490 euros and I got it for 290 euros. So I think 150 is too high for those two. If you like what Tissot has to offer I suggest trying to get a bargain for a new one.

On 23/01/2016 at 22:32, Cisse said:

By the way, which brands are popular in Spain besides Rolex and Omega these days?

Many,but I see a lot of people wearing Tag heur,if you bo to Puerto Banus or Marbella there are a hell of a lot of Rolex,some are very bling,was talking to one guy who bought his in Dubai.