watches....to dream on for

froggg

Hiya Phoenix, sorry to read of your problems getting a bracelet shortened, I had a similar problem recently with a watch I bought from America.

Took it to two High St jewelers, one high end of the market, one old school, both said they'd never come across a bracelet like mine and couldn't help me so I went to these guys http://www.thewatchlab.co.uk/branches/ they looked at it and asked for half an hour due to work they were already doing on other watches and good as their word, it was done in the half hour.

I know they ain't Derby yet but if you find yourself having to go to Nottingham or Leicester, check 'em out.

Hope you get sorted.

Hiya Phoenix, sorry to read of your problems getting a bracelet shortened, I had a similar problem recently with a watch I bought from America.

Took it to two High St jewelers, one high end of the market, one old school, both said they'd never come across a bracelet like mine and couldn't help me so I went to these guys http://www.thewatchlab.co.uk/branches/ they looked at it and asked for half an hour due to work they were already doing on other watches and good as their word, it was done in the half hour.

I know they ain't Derby yet but if you find yourself having to go to Nottingham or Leicester, check 'em out.

Hope you get sorted.

I actually live quite near Leicester, and after some internet research I did give Watchlab a gents Omega Constellation, which I'd bought on eBay (another salutary tale) to shorten the bracelet. As you say, after on-going work, he did it within an hour, including taking the back off  and verifying the watch movement number and calibre were as stated on eBay.

However, in so doing, he must have disturbed the bevel around the day/date window so it was lying at the side of the dial and stopping the minute hand progressing beyond quarterpast. I didn't notice this until I got home.

I should have gone back I suppose, but he had told me that the innards were in desperate need of cleaning and suggested a refurbishment for between

Whenever you buy a preowned watch be sure you have the service history with it. Otherwise you have to know the seller really well. I never buy watches without papers . And always save all the papers and the original box if you buy a new one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...