NC to SUFC

DcFc Dyycheee

At the time I was gutted and pissed off he was sacked. But the new found optimism and excitement that was lost long ago is back.

Really hopes he does well at Sheff Utd but the sacking does seem the right decision, football seems fun again.

Personally delighted he's gone. I'd give him till this time next year when the sacking season starts.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite clever in as much as the person making the poll would have known that this would not have brought about the majority of folks wanting Clough as manager as no other alternatives were given......the 72% could all have wanted Mourinho, Wenger etc. as their number one choices in their delusions minds so results are meaningless

I still can't really believe he's gone there, I HOPE it goes well for him there and he's given enough time to be a success, but I'm not sure he will be (given time, I mean)

Since 2007 the most amount of games a Sheffield Utd manager has been given is 125 (Kevin Blackwell). Danny Wilson had 106 games, with a 50% win rate and a play-off final loss the season before...

I still can't really believe he's gone there, I HOPE it goes well for him there and he's given enough time to be a success, but I'm not sure he will be (given time, I mean)

Since 2007 the most amount of games a Sheffield Utd manager has been given is 125 (Kevin Blackwell). Danny Wilson had 106 games, with a 50% win rate and a play-off final loss.

Since 2007 the most amount of games a Sheffield Utd manager has been given is 125 (Kevin Blackwell). Danny Wilson had 106 games, with a 50% win rate and a play-off final loss.

If he repeats his win % at Derby, he won't last 5 minutes.

Just watched the press conference, worth watching just to see what Nigel looks like when he smiles, cracked a couple in the space of 8 minutes.

Daveo, have you seen the background/wallpaper on this thread? That's AWESOME. Can we have something like that... pleaseeeeeeeee

"It was difficult leaving Derby County but this will help. We are here to do a job and we will use the anger, the feeling of disappointment and the sense of injustice of leaving Derby as an incentive to succeed with Sheffield United."

Nigel Clough, Sheffield United Manager

BLIMEY!!

To me, he doesn't look arsed being there.

"It was difficult leaving Derby County but this will help. We are here to do a job and we will use the anger, the feeling of disappointment and the sense of injustice of leaving Derby as an incentive to succeed with Sheffield United."

Nigel Clough, Sheffield United Manager

Brilliant Nigel, harness all that, be f*cking ruthless and make a success of it! 

For us though it's time to move on, up the rams!

Don't suppose Clough would loan us Harry Maguire :wacko:

I reckon he would Smiffy honestly. Throw in Jake and one the young lads (maybe Jacobs or Bennett) and he'd probably snap our hands off.

I don't know why but I get the feeling there is some tension between him and the CEO/Board though and probably a bit the other way around as well, I'm not sure Derby will look to do him any favours but think if he could get a Bucko for Maguire swap in the postion they're in, he'd take it for footballing reasons.

Maguire's got a lot of potential but Nigel needs real men, he's in another relegation battle, he doesn't need flash harries.

The press conference if anybodies interested.

I don't think he comes across as very bitter or angry at all. I don't think he comes across as ready to step back into football management though. I think he's gutted. Understandably so..

Archived