Management speak

Phoenix

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piece is a new one.

I work on projects and instead of 'keeping things consistent right throughout the project', we're now 'keeping things consistent right across the piece'.

Y'onabaat?

Breaking the project down into a series of sprints, silly, then applying consistency across that cycle. I bet you don't know your agile from your extreme - try asking your scrum master.

Always liked the term project creep, like the Gantt chart was trying to shuffle out of the door unnoticed....

Scope creep is something that needs to be stamped upon.

Breaking the project down into a series of sprints, silly, then applying consistency across that cycle. I bet you don't know your agile from your extreme - try asking your scrum master.

Trying 'wagile' at the moment - elements of waterfall combined with an agile approach.

What has this world become.

Trying 'wagile' at the moment - elements of waterfall combined with an agile approach.

What has this world become.

At the end of the day, it's still a world. It's the people in it who need to find new ways of justifying their existence.

At the end of the day

"End of play" is another office line I hear..."can you get this over to me for end of play?". ''I'd hate to know what these people do for fun.

If I had a quid every time my "coordinator" (HR Lacky) says "a will and a want" I'd be in Monaco right now.

When I first moved from the labs into IT (and in those days we obviously couldn't spell because we called it DP), a term used for something that was 'work in progress' was "Ongoing development situation" (yes, it was an American organisation).

I remember those days. You had to build an extension to house the monolithic computer, with £250K,s worth of air conditioning.

Punched cards and all that. We had a program (that's IBM for programme) called a random buzzword generator.

Basically there were 3 pools of words, the 1st two technical-sounding adjectives, the third, some technical sounding nouns.

The generator would pick one word from each pool.

'Ongoing development situation' would be a typical example. 'Electronic magnetic peripherals' might be another.

Having said that, one of the punch girls did have magnetic peripherals.

Archived