Song for McClaren?

PrivateDerby

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say it was inferior - I said that it was not music, and you then got all pathetically butt-hurt. You can 'call me out on my ignorance' about hip hop as a musical genre if you like, just as you can call me out on my knowledge of bicycles designed by fish. 

The fact that you approached your counter-argument with the same snobbery as you accused me of using (telling the whole world what a great guitarist you are and how much you know about the compositional structure of blues) perfectly entitles me to accuse you of hypocrisy. That's not an ad-hominem attack - that's telling someone to get off their high horse.

Mate. 

You are so blind to your own snobbery it is just sad. You wrote off a whole genre and i called you out on you ignorance. It's not music? How snobby is that, pathetic. Music is art, art is expression. There are free dictionarys on the internet should you need one. How am i a snob for having an open mind. You seem to have a real problem dealing with the fact your taste isn't the definitive list of what qualifies as (good) music because it doesn't match your level of technical ability. That is the definition of snobbery. You are talking total gibberish and trying to create a dynamic that doesn't even exist. How am i being a snob? Show me one instance where i said anyone else's taste was lesser than mine or a genre wasn't music. You are a toal hypocrite. I see you got threatened because i brought up i actually create music, sorry mate but deal with it. I never proclaimed to be a great guitarist. I can play my favourite songs that's it. Are adult discussions hard for you to handle? The butt hurt is all on your side

As for your analogy that doesn't even make sense, how is comparing two musical genres/sub topics the same as comparing two different topics altogether? The correct analogy wouldn't involve your knowledge on a subject, just acknowledgement of basic logic to understand what music is. Feel free to make another silly reply picking at any wording i may use or quoting things that aren't even proof of any point you try to argue. I didn't display any knowledge on topics in this reply just to make sure you don't feel threatened as i can tell that was a big deal for you. 

Sorry to anyone else in the thread for the derail.

Its obviously a generational thing.

I mean, my Dad didn't understand the Bay City Rollers when I was young.

I didnt understand them when i was young,however it was suprising how many birds you could pull with long hair and a bit of tertan on ya trouser leg

Archived