Proud of

Cisse

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bomber Command, really admire those guys, the ladies that delivered new aircraft to the RAF during WW2, THEY should have got on the back of banknotes in my opinion, never even got a look in.

With no maps or radios! Amazing ladies, did you see the Spitfire Women programme? Brilliant, what about Maureen Dunlop? (think that's her name) Stunning! Must have driven the RAF lads mad?!

Privatise the NHS for me. Here in Japan we have the finest health system. Everyone pays in (you have to by law), there are no waiting lists, taxes are low, the infrastructure is great and nobody complains. 

The NHS is paided for by the people that work and earn enough to pay National Insurance..You may also like to know that Japan is ranked 10th and France have the best health service with the UK 18th.

Ref:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6?op=1

The NHS is always used as a political football and hence can never really achieve its full potential.

With no maps or radios! Amazing ladies, did you see the Spitfire Women programme? Brilliant, what about Maureen Dunlop? (think that's her name) Stunning! Must have driven the RAF lads mad?!

I did, watch anything I can to do with WW2 and I am amazed at the tenacity of the nation when moral must have been incredibly low at times.

"Bunty, get that Lancaster up to Conningsby" and this 5 foot nothing slip of a thing was in the cockpit and on her way, wonderful ladies.

*There was a great documentary on last week about building a Wellington bomber in 30 hours to claim a world record, glad those people are still recognised.

Archived