James Bailey given squad number

Day

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not what I said at all, which bit if my post do you think is wrong and why? That's whatever forums are for - discussion.

The fact that he is clearly a competent Championship player. At no point did I say he is a top player, but he is a Championship player who was more than good enough for us at the time, and would still help our team from the bench now.

The fact that he is clearly a competent Championship player. At no point did I say he is a top player, but he is a Championship player who was more than good enough for us at the time, and would still help our team from the bench now.

Competent means he is able to get results from his play regularly.

He hardly starts, hardly gets assists and hardly gets goals. Hardly competent in my view.

No he's not but last season was his first as a regular and he doesn't play as a wide midfielder who's job it is to get assists.

Look at the assists across the league, only a handful of players have over 4. Assists is not a stat you can use against any player, how many attacking moves was he involved in that didn't end up in goals due to a crap striker? How many goals was he involved in making runs, dragging players away to create space or involved in the passing build up but didn't get that final pass before the goal?

No he's not but last season was his first as a regular and he doesn't play as a wide midfielder who's job it is to get assists.

Bailey doesn't play wide either. I don't think the results are a great thing to blame at bailey as our results have been pretty much the same for the last 4 years who ever has played.

Plenty of players out if favour at clubs have then made an impact with a new manager.

Look at the assists across the league, only a handful of players have over 4. Assists is not a stat you can use against any player, how many attacking moves was he involved in that didn't end up in goals due to a crap striker? How many goals was he involved in making runs, dragging players away to create space or involved in the passing build up but didn't get that final pass before the goal?

Thats just the thing though, his overall play doesn't really compensate for the games where he doesn't do something outstanding, hence why he's at Barnsley.

Bailey doesn't play wide either. I don't think the results are a great thing to blame at bailey as our results have been pretty much the same for the last 4 years who ever has played.

Plenty of players out if favour at clubs have then made an impact with a new manager.

I've not mentioned Bailey once, I was talking about Cywka and how he's not a competent championship player.

I've not mentioned Bailey once, I was talking about Cywka and how he's not a competent championship player.

and you're basing this on the results of the side he is playing in? Pretty Sure Keogh went down with Coventry... how do you rate him?

and you're basing this on the results of the side he is playing in? Pretty Sure Keogh went down with Coventry... how do you rate him?

No I am basing it on the fact he isn't a regular, doesn't score and still runs into dead ends with no end product - from watching him with us and talking to Barnsley fans

• 1 month later...

Archived