Blackburn Rovers breaking FPP rules

CumbrianRam

Blackburn Rovers managing director Derek Shaw has revealed the club will probably face a fine or embargo for not adhering to Financial Fair Play.

Venky's London Limited, the company that owns the club, announced losses for last year of £27m.

Rovers also spent £3.5m on agents and went through five managers last season.

"If we are promoted I think we'll have a substantial fine and, if we're not promoted at this stage, we'll probably have an embargo," said Shaw.

"It's a difficult balance because we've got to try to and change a team around that almost got relegated to a team that we want to get promoted."

Last year, Rovers only avoided relegation by four points as Steve Kean, Eric Black, Henning Berg and Michael Appleton all had spells in charge at Ewood Park.

Gary Bowyer guided the club to safety during his second caretaker spell at the helm and, after being handed the job on a permanent basis, set about revamping the squad over the summer.

Indian poultry firm Venky's, who are owned by the Rao family, purchased the club for £43m in 2010 and have insisted they are committed to returning to the Premier League.

The aim of the new FFP regulations is to prevent clubs from over-spending on wages and transfer fees and accruing debts.

By the 2015-16 season, losses at a Championship club can be no more than £5m, with a maximum of £3m funded by shareholders and clubs.

"I personally don't like the rule, I know Gary [bowyer] doesn't," Shaw told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"It's very difficult for clubs who have come down from the Premier League with quite a number of big contracts that are in place, but we're working on it.

"I think there will be a lot of clubs creating a lot of noise over the next few months because nobody's really been hit with it yet.

"Clubs like ourselves and the Leicester's, and probably clubs like Middlesbrough, who have got big wage bills, won't be wanting transfer embargoes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24533649

Not sure how fines work, if they want to clubs to be financially fair, points deductions as well as transfer bans are the only penalties that will work.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's very difficult for clubs who have come down from the Premier League with quite a number of big contracts that are in place, but we're working on it."

Haven't they been signing big deals since relegation too? This is the gamble you took!!

This I where I predict it going for Forest (not because i hate them) Blackburn were after Ronaldinho. Then Beckham. Now there's a possibility they could have to make drastic changes or suffer losses.

This is what happens when owners come in after playing football manager. Clueless.

Don't like the FFP either because the PL teams earn too much in comparison. Only about 24/25 of the same teams will appear in the top league eventually!

They knew what was coming. They knew after relegation. Signing players on big money doesn't make the players good at football. They have chopped and changed managers.

And B4 wants to force our owners into a quick sale!

"It's very difficult for clubs who have come down from the Premier League with quite a number of big contracts that are in place, but we're working on it."

Haven't they been signing big deals since relegation too? This is the gamble you took!!

This I where I predict it going for Forest (not because i hate them) Blackburn were after Ronaldinho. Then Beckham. Now there's a possibility they could have to make drastic changes or suffer losses.

This is what happens when owners come in after playing football manager. Clueless.

Don't like the FFP either because the PL teams earn too much in comparison. Only about 24/25 of the same teams will appear in the top league eventually!

They knew what was coming. They knew after relegation. Signing players on big money doesn't make the players good at football. They have chopped and changed managers.

And B4 wants to force our owners into a quick sale!

Also isn't that the point of parachute payments?!

Also isn't that the point of parachute payments?!

Aren't those to spend money on an awesome squad to storm back into the big time?

We need to introduce something that helps teams out that waste their millions and don't go back up

Sam Rush said all the clubs have to share their records and looking at them he said Burnley have to get promotion or they'll be in trouble...

Parachute payments and they have sold Austin and Rodriguez since coming down. I really wouldn't have thought of them any worse than anyone else.

(Not doubting the info btw.)

Parachute payments and they have sold Austin and Rodriguez since coming down. I really wouldn't have thought of them any worse than anyone else.

(Not doubting the info btw.)

Could be a case of Chinese whispers, who knows. Everyone knows the Red Dogs will be screwed...

Could be a case of Chinese whispers, who knows. Everyone knows the Red Dogs will be screwed...

He bites snails?

(you need to know about the annual game started by Philip Minchin to understand that)

Sam Rush said all the clubs have to share their records and looking at them he said Burnley have to get promotion or they'll be in trouble...

What does that mean, do all the Championship clubs chairmen get invited round each other houses and drop their accounts on the coffee table for everyone to see? Or send them via Snapchat to each other? 

Now that Rush has smugly commented on other clubs finances have other clubs commented on ours? Maybe theyre not particularly bothered in the slightest

What does that mean, do all the Championship clubs chairmen get invited round each other houses and drop their accounts on the coffee table for everyone to see? Or send them via Snapchat to each other?

Now that Rush has smugly commented on other clubs finances have other clubs commented on ours? Maybe theyre not particularly bothered in the slightest

They have meetings like The Stone Cutters in The Simpsons. Lots of rituals, chanting and semi nakedness...

This is why Blackburn will be in the brown stuff, thay have made a rod for their own back.

Blackburn's bosses in 2012-13
  • Steve Kean - 8 games
  • Eric Black (caretaker) - 6 games
  • Henning Berg - 10 games
  • Michael Appleton - 15 games
  • Gary Bowyer (including two caretaker spells) - 13 games

No business can change managers like that, imagine being at any job and your supervisor or manager is changed that frequently, the 'team' would not know if its coming or going, one week it will be lets do a+b+c+d few weeks later it will be bdca etc etc

Archived