Steve McClarens BEST signing..

Ambitious

In the stark realisation that he was the man that signed Luuk De Jong for Twente (one of the best young strikers in the world currently) It got me thinking, how many GOOD signings has he made and what is his best.

A few of his well known signings..

Nemeth - Free
Southgate - 6.5 million
Boateng (first time round  :lol: ) - 5 million

Juninho - 6 million

Viduka - 4.5 million
Zenden - Free
Hasselbaink - Free
Parlour - Free
Yakubu - 7.5 million
Emmanuel Pogatetz - 1.8 million
Rochemback - Undisclosed
Cheik Tiote - 2.2 million
Miroslav Stoch - 700k 
Luuk De Jong - 800k
Dwight Tiendalli - free
Bryan Ruiz - 4.8 million
Diego - 13 million
Mario Mandzukic - 6.2 million

Can't say that is a bad list really  :lol:  Luuk De Jong was the name that hit me, thinking well his picked up one of the best young strikers for less than a million.

But, look at the last name on the list - who he brought for wolfsburg. Now probably in the top 5 strikers in the world currently, for 6.2million - from croatia, not sure many people can knock that.

Also, thought I might add the Ajax side that he toppled to win the division included..

Maarten Stekelenburg
Thomas Vermaelen

Oleguer
Gregory Van Der Wiel
Jan Vertonghen
Toby Alderweireld
Siem De Jong
Luis Suarez
Miralem Sulejmani
Demy De Zeeuw
Christian Eriksen

...etc 

Thought, I would join the Schteve love in - genuinely quite surprised at Mandzukic and Diego for wolfsburg, they're 2 of the best in the bundesliga - so not bad considering, especially mandzukic. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Matt Derbyshire? I thought that his move to Forest was McClarens first good signing for Derby.

Don't joke about that, he might want him back.

If he wants to bring some of his old players back, I'm sure we can make room for Diego, Mandzukic, Ruiz, De Jong, Tiendalli, Tiote, Stoch..etc  :D

Don't joke about that, he might want him back.

If he wants to bring some of his old players back, I'm sure we can make room for Diego, Mandzukic, Ruiz, De Jong, Tiendalli, Tiote, Stoch..etc  :D

Southgate would be alright.

Still no WORST signings thread... Is forum surely still working alright? I'm bit worried about this positivism in here.

Or is it 'cause LR is not giving permission to open one? :p

A lot of his bad signings have been relatively low figures - his worst signings came at Forest, no doubt about it. But even then, there wasn't ridiculous fee's involved wasn't like they've blown 5 million away on a complete nugget. 

Ishmael Miller is probably his worst signing. 1.2 million but no worse than 2 million on simon cox for example. 

Still no WORST signings thread... Is forum surely still working alright? I'm bit worried about this positivism in here.

Or is it 'cause LR is not giving permission to open one? :p

EVERY manager makes bad signings, lets look at the positives instead of trying to find negatives.

Archived