Hughes out of U21 squad with injury

HeyHudson

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think schteve is using the old fergie trick. wants hughes involved for the "mini pre-season" they will do in the break. hughes probably wont start either game so best keep him in the squad. plus less exposure the better. yay, will stays with us longer.

or he actually has an injury.....

He's had a little niggle for a few games, I remember he was in doubt for Milwall was it?

I doubt it would actually keep him out of the England games but he's better with us IMO to play a part in the two weeks with the new coaching staff. He's looked sharper since half time against Ipswich and is doing more damage in and around the box.

If he can add goals and assists to his game he's going to be worth even more.

He's had a little niggle for a few games, I remember he was in doubt for Milwall was it?

I doubt it would actually keep him out of the England games but he's better with us IMO to play a part in the two weeks with the new coaching staff. He's looked sharper since half time against Ipswich and is doing more damage in and around the box.

If he can add goals and assists to his game he's going to be worth even more.

Didn't he set up a couple of goals v Ipswich and scored himself vs Leeds?

Strange one this, in his post match rams player interview he was asked about going to san marino with the 21s and said something along the lines of: yeah its a change of scenery and will be nice to get away after a hectic week but we will not underestimate san marino. 

guess Will thought he was going

The way I feel about England at moment wouldn't mind if it was a ploy to keep him for ourselves, if anyone knows the tricks managers use to safeguard there players from potential injury in a international it's Steve Mac, not saying it's right nd TBH I don't think this is the case here but if this means we got a fully fit Hughes for our next game I'll take that over the U21's everyday of the week

Clough's fault for playing him too much.

After his injury problems last season and then getting clattered this, I was flabbergasted Clough chose to play him in the League Cup when he clearly needed a break. Always supported NC through his tenure, but it felt like terrible management with no thought to the future for a young player who needed pacing through the season.

A shame not to represent your country, but it'll do Will good to take a break and have a fortnight's rest/light training.

Archived