Food and Beer People at the Ground!

Tricky1884

Does anyone else find the people at the Ground rubbish, I mean just useless, at giving change and stuff? I’ve already got short-changed twice this reason but the lines so big I’ve not gone back. We know the Beer is rubbish but do the people have to be?  One girl had to ask her mate twice how much change she should give me and then still got it wrong.  I know they’re under pressure but can’t they learn it before for example : If someone gives me a tenner and they want two pints I need to give then x amount back etc.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the Macfarlands bar like anyway? Is it worth 25 notes?

They need more chairs and tables. Apart from that it's really nice.

Really nice?

Thanks, I can picture what it's like now, thanks.

They ought to pay you for advertising it Ladyram.

;)

Lol. Ok.

It's a very generously proportioned room, dominated on the pitch side by floor to ceiling sheet glass incorporating cunningly disguised doors at both ends, which lead you onto a narrow strip of outdoor seats which provide a decent outlook of the pitch.

From your view you will notice SS to your right, WS to your left.

Coming back in through said doors, you will notice numerous wall mounted, plasma screens for your viewing pleasure. These are placed strategically, designed to occupy your mind when waiting in the various queue's. The carpet is quite soft, comfort is key here.

There is even a choice of queue provided. On the far opposite wall, you can opt for some hot food. Popular but on the expensive side. Or you can indulge in the even more popular alcoholic beverage queue.

Prepare to be waiting for just a short spell to be served...around 5 mins... Hardly noticeable really it has to be said considering the plethera of said TV's showing DCFC related articles which are sure to keep you and yours entertained.

Turning now to the seating arrangments.

As you relax in the subtly lit ambience, sink yourself into the squishy leather sofas and basically think you're all very posh - do try and spare a thought for the late comers, or stragglers if you prefer.

These additions do tend to be boisterous, full of pre-match high spirits who unfortunately no, even though they have paid good money for refreshments- and indeed, their membership fee - cannot have a seat, as there are none left.

Standing at the back is therefore permitted, this has the added bonus of being situated near the toilets which you will find are an improvement to the ones on offer in the concourse.

We do hope your stay with us is a memorable one and please provide us with your feedback so we can continue to strive for excellence and perfection.

Lol. Ok.

It's a very generously proportioned room, dominated on the pitch side by floor to ceiling sheet glass incorporating cunningly disguised doors at both ends, which lead you onto a narrow strip of outdoor seats which provide a decent outlook of the pitch.

From your view you will notice SS to your right, WS to your left.

Coming back in through said doors, you will notice numerous wall mounted, plasma screens for your viewing pleasure. These are placed strategically, designed to occupy your mind when waiting in the various queue's. The carpet is quite soft, comfort is key here.

There is even a choice of queue provided. On the far opposite wall, you can opt for some hot food. Popular but on the expensive side. Or you can indulge in the even more popular alcoholic beverage queue.

Prepare to be waiting for just a short spell to be served...around 5 mins... Hardly noticeable really it has to be said considering the plethera of said TV's showing DCFC related articles which are sure to keep you and yours entertained.

Turning now to the seating arrangments.

As you relax in the subtly lit ambience, sink yourself into the squishy leather sofas and basically think you're all very posh - do try and spare a thought for the late comers, or stragglers if you prefer.

These additions do tend to be boisterous, full of pre-match high spirits who unfortunately no, even though they have paid good money for refreshments, cannot have a seat, as there are none left.

Standing at the back is therfor permitted, this has the added bonus of being situated near the toilets which you will find are an improvement to the ones on offer in the concourse.

We do hope your stay with us is a memorable one and please provide us with your feedback so we can continue to strive for excellence and perfection.

expensive food, and a five minute queue for beers, no seat guarantee?

Sounds like the Brunny?

They're not the brightest are they! Although it's not just at derby, across the country follows a similar pattern.

Not the most glamorous of jobs though us it, work 6 hours every two weeks generally? I'd imagine the pay is minimum wage as well

Archived