Any skippers on here?

PrivateDerby

The leg action isn't very good if you have bad knees, it can strain the ligaments on the inside of the knee and give you problems with your patella. If you vary your stroke that can help and apparently there is a new breaststroke leg action called the Dolphin action which can help.     

Kinell you gonna train me and the wife for the London :wub:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The leg action isn't very good if you have bad knees, it can strain the ligaments on the inside of the knee and give you problems with your patella. If you vary your stroke that can help and apparently there is a new breaststroke leg action called the Dolphin action which can help.     

the dolphin action is used in the butterfly stroke as well , i struggle to get my breathing right doing the crawl

i find breaststroke eases my back problem..

the dolphin action is used in the butterfly stroke as well , i struggle to get my breathing right doing the crawl

i find breaststroke eases my back problem..

I am a terrible swimmer, I have knee problems with breaststroke, struggle with my breathing doing the crawl (like yourself) and am the world's slowest backstroker. I end up doing breastroke arm with crawl leg, which is very inefficient and tiring.

I mean this sort... 

Started boxing again (stopped when I was 26) and the young lads are running rings round me. Used to smash everyone general fitness wise but i've even been struggling to skip, something which I used to be really good at and love.

I can go five minutes at full pelt doing double hops and heel toe but then that's it, i'm knackered. 

It's obviously a cardio thing? I can't go running because my knee is shagged. 

What's my best bet? Gotta get under 80kg and i'm struggling  :(

Thanks.

Accept you're getting old and **** it off, cardio means Jack when you've got a electric scooter

• 3 months later...

Well three months later and i'm still skipping full pelt for 15 minutes everyday, getting good now, tricks the lot  :lol:

Seriously though, my belly has gone and i'm 76kg when I was struggling to get anywhere near 80kg! Well recommend it, i'm shagged at the end but I went for a two mile run last week and found it easy which I know for a fact I wouldn't have been able to finish in October...

I can't go running because my knee is shagged. 

What's my best bet? Gotta get under 80kg and i'm struggling  :(

Thanks.

Cut yer leg off?

Archived