Fan power lets give Steve and Darren a good welcome

Curtains

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Mclarens opening statement on DCFC website contains the target:

He went on to add: “We want to go from mid-table to challenging for the playoffs, getting into the playoffs and being a contender to get into the Premier League in the next two and a half years.

“That’s our ambition and that’s what we all have to share in our views, and it’s our responsibility to do that.”

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/mcclarens-excitement-at-derby-return-1088026.aspx#Il0S1ubfyg0w9XzA.99

So its not the top 6 this year that some fans may have believed, its not even a definite target of top 6 next season! So target is no different to that given to Cloughie!!!!!!

I agree that with new team we will have more chance of getting to the premier and this team will probably get more financial backing!

Because that would make people feel better wouldn't it.

Not me though I want us to win

I can't see it. Surely a win is what everyone would want. I was pro - Clough. I think he did pretty well. I want his players to do well until SM brings in some of his own.

It might bring us bad luck because I'm superstitious.

Then again some want us to lose for Nigel.

Oh, come off it. You really don't have a very good opinion of some people, do you?

Because that would make people feel better wouldn't it.

Not me though I want us to win

I disagree. Fans of the club would never want us to lose, surely?

It might bring us bad luck because I'm superstitious.

Then again some want us to lose for Nigel.

Oh, come off it. You really don't have a very good opinion of some people, do you?

I'm convinced some people on here wanted us to lose to get rid of Clough. Opposite poles but same principle.

I disagree. Fans of the club would never want us to lose, surely?

I know one or two unfortunately LR who despised Clough and wanted us to get thrashed so the tide would turn against him. Its a hateful bitterness that I can never understand. Even now, instead of being pleased he's gone, they are angry about other fans thanking Nigel and wishing him well.

It really was a deep personal hatred that one or two fans had of him.

I know one or two unfortunately LR who despised Clough and wanted us to get thrashed so the tide would turn against him. Its a hateful bitterness that I can never understand. Even now, instead of being pleased he's gone, they are angry about other fans thanking Nigel and wishing him well.

It goes beyond football when people act like that. Unfortunately, they are probably not as well as one would hope.

I'm convinced some people on here wanted us to lose to get rid of Clough. Opposite poles but same principle.

Those people must apply different rules to themselves with respect to satisfying the criteria of 'what makes me a Derby fan' then. I did once know a Rangers 'supporter' who refused to acknowledge any goal scored for 'his' side by a black player or a Catholic, but I think that following Rangers just suited his bigoted, racist agenda.

Those people must apply different rules to themselves with respect to satisfying the criteria of 'what makes me a Derby fan' then. I did once know a Rangers 'supporter' who refused to acknowledge any goal scored for 'his' side by a black player or a Catholic, but I think that following Rangers just suited his bigoted, racist agenda.

Wasn't there once a story about the first non catholic ex-Rangers player to play for Celtic.

After one of the 'big' clashes, he said to one of his team-mates "I'm really upset. The crowd kept shouting 'F***ing papist!' at me"

His mate said "Dunna worry mon, they shout that at me"

To which he replied "Ay, but ye are one"

There's some sad people in this world.

And if any of you are reading, don't even think about having a pop at me. If I want to thank Nigel I will. So kindly and with respect...go forth.

Archived