Welcome Tony Pulis!

GeneralRam

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it embarrass you? It's my view and it's **** all to do with you. I don't want to watch my club turned into hoofball merchants by the likes of Pulis - nor do a lot of Rams fans on here.

I'm not attacking you personally. You and others express a view on a public forum: calling a manager a ***** who has got a team promoted into the prem and into Europe. That's fair enough, you're welcome to have your view, and I defend your right to say it yadda yadda. It doesn't change how I feel though, that since I associate myself as a Derby fan I'm therefore embarrassed by what I perceive to be bile coming out of the fanbase.

Football is fickle. "Pulis is a *****", but if he came in and did well this fanbase opinion would change. I hope Pulis can do a better job of developing players, and frankly a bit of 'football science' wouldn't go astray. 

Read my posts for the last 3 seasons and you'll see exactly what I thought of Clough and his ability to take this club forward. I have no problem with him being dismissed, but the way it's been done is crap and the suggested replacement is no better in my view. If Pulis is the bloke being lined up then I am out - his brand of hoofball belongs in the dark ages and I can see on this forum that a majority agree.

Football is about entertainment, surely there must be an option in the middle? is the Billy Davies/Tony Pulis way the only way to get promoted, really?

I just can't bring myself to be accepting ***** football for promotion, I don't expect to play like Barca week in week out but neither do I want to see us playing like Stoke week in week out.

If Pulis is appointed I'll back him as I will any manager but I won't be happy about it....but what if we make the play off final and win? Of course I'll be happy but there is no harm in wishing you did it better.

He's a bloody good manager, who knows how to get the wins at this level and the top.

Surely you'd take the three points over attempting to play like Barca and yet losing 0-3.

Style of football gets you nowhere if you can't manage to pick up the points.

No. If all I was bothered about was 3 points I'd follow one of the Manchester or London clubs.

I have no problem with losing if we play good football.

I haven't enjoyed our last 4 home games period

Because we've not played well or because we've lost?

Nobody enjoys losing but I would rather lose trying to play the game in the correct way than win playing rugby style.

I think even in defeat our general play has remained decent. Our defending has let us down and we have lacked a cutting edge.

No. If all I was bothered about was 3 points I'd follow one of the Manchester or London clubs.

I have no problem with losing if we play good football.

Would that imply the London or Manchester clubs don't play good football? If not I'm not sure it makes sense.

Surely fans are interested in 3 points or entertaining football for their club.

Maybe an idea would be to get Pulis in, help us to break into the Premier League then go for a more attractive style football manager?

I would be up for that idea, just as long as Pulis doesn't ruin all the hard work that's been done to the academy and buys in a load of utter garbage.

Were playing what I call lightweight fancy dan football. ie pretty passing game no end product. Full backs bombing on and not getting back. Forwards light weight attacking intent stuck between using Sammon or Russell ,Ward, and Martin. Jacobs not used but also lightweight. Central defense goes missing at important times. Etc etc

Can't disagree with any of that. Still think it is attractive football to watch in the main.

Archived