Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgusting. Another name added to the long list of decent managers this football club has had only for the Board to either get rid of or force their departure. His dad wasn't the first and Nigel won't be the last.

He's been sacked by the people who didn't back him and our football club.

The timing says it all, sacking him after we lose to the gumps by one goal. Just proves the decision makers have no clue about English club football.

It will be awful if it's a hoof ball merchant like Pulis and a disgrace if the new manager gets backed in the transfer marked unlike Nigel.

Nigel you are a legend and I'm gutted you've been treated this way. I saw your first games as player manager at the Brewers, will never forget that 25 yard free kick you scored which just showed your class, and the way you got your teams playing the way your dad said football should be played.

Your dad was right about Chairmen and Directors, they've stuffed you, your dad, and Derby County

So who  before his Dad ?

Disgusting. Another name added to the long list of decent managers this football club has had only for the Board to either get rid of or force their departure. His dad wasn't the first and Nigel won't be the last.

He's been sacked by the people who didn't back him and our football club.

The timing says it all, sacking him after we lose to the gumps by one goal. Just proves the decision makers have no clue about English club football.

It will be awful if it's a hoof ball merchant like Pulis and a disgrace if the new manager gets backed in the transfer marked unlike Nigel.

Nigel you are a legend and I'm gutted you've been treated this way. I saw your first games as player manager at the Brewers, will never forget that 25 yard free kick you scored which just showed your class, and the way you got your teams playing the way your dad said football should be played.

Your dad was right about Chairmen and Directors, they've stuffed you, your dad, and Derby County

damn right, bygones be bygones, but if it wasnt for a bunch of business men wearing suits, forest would still be in league 2 and derby would have won multiple league trophies and european cups. 

9 games into a season?

This is what none of us know. Maybe in the summer they told Clough that after 10 games he needs to be in the Top 6 or a gnats thingie away from it or he's a goner. Maybe one of their backers starting giving them gbh on the earhole today after he saw we were nearer the bottom of the table then the top and there were no signs of this changing fast. Maybe the aliens told them to sack Clough? Is hard one

I have a statement from Bris Vegas, this is 100% genuine.

I'm disappointed and also relieved... I've never been a fan of his negative mentality (more than most) but just when he seems to have ditched that and gone for a more positive progressive footballing approach he gets chopped...

I watched the game today and I thought our football was far better than Forest's, we genuinely looked nice to watch yet the only way to play this way and win is to be both creative and solid at the back.. Which we were neither. There is no way he can improve that unless he has money for better players or a broad/decent scouting network with which he has neither..

Of the point about Pulis... Why are people complaining? His football might be dire but it achieves PL status, a status that clearly seemed beyond NC's capabilities on his budget. Selling Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick is a wise option, Pulis has enough PL contacts to build a team capable of promotion within a few years..

Southampton is clearly the model to look at... NPC clubs simply can't attract the foreign managers with a broad scouting network to England's second tier but the PL can.. So the best way, the only way for DCFC to become an established PL club is to employ a rough and tumble NPC expert (Pulis, Billy Davies, Malky McKay), get promoted and at the first opportunity get rid and bring in a Laudrup, Pochettino, Jol, Hodgson (with his vast European knowledge) and go from there..

NC has put us on sound footing.. He should be congratulated and wished well by everyone. There is absolutely no need to shoot him down or criticise him now, what's done is done and now we move on..

Tomorrow DCFC will be a step closer to PL football IMO.

Bris Vegas

1. @JoshuaGregory91 Brilliant observation - who comes in? how and when?

2. @WBrettWilson you knew the answer to both of those didn't you? Search well underway - announcement by Tuesday. Low

Indeed. Sadly, probably not interested. Those that are, are worse. Di Canio? Fook off. McClaren? Fook off. Warnock? Fook off.

Can't argue with you re any of that dross but does it have to be an out of work manager? Who knows? O'Neill an option perhaps?

Archived