Why cant NC ever accept any blame ?

sausagemeat

He isnt perfect is he ?

He makes stupid mistakes that eveyone sees.

Personally I'd have a bit more faith in him if every now and again he was honest, put his hand up and admitted to being wrong.

His 5 year tenure of constantly blaming his players publicly for everything ,makes me think he is so stubbornly incorrect he will never be a good manager.

We all know he has made some awful signings, on occassions is tactically stupid, is wrong for shaming his players in public and is guilty of not taking the club forward in terms of being anywhere near a promotion capable side in 5 years.

Come on NC - every now and again admit to making a mistake - you would get a bit more credibility from some fans.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He isnt perfect is he ?

He makes stupid mistakes that eveyone sees.

Personally I'd have a bit more faith in him if every now and again he was honest, put his hand up and admitted to being wrong.

His 5 year tenure of constantly blaming his players publicly for everything ,makes me think he is so stubbornly incorrect he will never be a good manager.

We all know he has made some awful signings, on occassions is tactically stupid, is wrong for shaming his players in public and is guilty of not taking the club forward in terms of being anywhere near a promotion capable side in 5 years.

Come on NC - every now and again admit to making a mistake - you would get a bit more credibility from some fans.

Agree with the majority of this post.

What is it that makes footballers immune from criticism? They are paid huge sums and if not performing the manager is well within his rights to let it be known.

If NC didn't criticise players there would be a thread on here saying that he was happy with the players and the performances even when we are losing!

Agree with the majority of this post.

What is it that makes footballers immune from criticism? They are paid huge sums and if not performing the manager is well within his rights to let it be known.

If NC didn't criticise players there would be a thread on here saying that he was happy with the players and the performances even when we are losing!

Personally I dont think footballers should escape criticism, If they play badly etc they deserve it.

Just as when a manager makes stupid tactical mistakes, buys poor standard players and his team shows no sign of REAL improvement after 5 years - he also deserves criticism.

Personally I dont think footballers should escape criticism, If they play badly etc they deserve it.Just as when a manager makes stupid TACTICAL MISTAKES, buys poor standard players and his team shows no sign of REAL improvement after 5 years - he also deserves criticism.

don't get me started on substitution timings...:D

Personally I dont think footballers should escape criticism, If they play badly etc they deserve it.

Just as when a manager makes stupid tactical mistakes, buys poor standard players and his team shows no sign of REAL improvement after 5 years - he also deserves criticism.

Said on another thread to another poster that to claim there has been no improvement is ridiculous in my opinion.

We are finishing higher in the table each year.

5 years ago we struggled to put 3 passes together and often resorted to hoofball.

Not saying we are the finished article but we are a lot better spectacle today than we were 5 years ago.

Would you follow a leader that made mistakes? I'd lose faith and start doing things the way I think they should be done.

You could say the same about a leader who always blames his tools?

Best way to get it done is siege mentality, never say much to media and have openness behind closed doors but any leaks will be severely dealt with.

If i had a boss that took some of the "heat" off me when I was under-pressure and screwed up, I'd be more determined to work for him and shut the critics up. All the great manager know how to manage their players. Some times players like criticism, but sometimes they see it as betrayal when they come out in the press.

Don't think the di Canio type management style works in the top 2 leagues with the money, agents etc, NC as a less extreme version of this and there are still doubts over its sucess, there are constantly about 6 players being bombed out after every season so some players are either not keen on NC's style of management or NC isn't keen on their personality. But the odd player like Brayford praises this style and he hasn't had a great start under Mackay so who knows.

Love to be a fly on the wall and make my own opinion of it all, rather than hear from biased accounts on both sides.

Best way to get it done is siege mentality, never say much to media and have openness behind closed doors but any leaks will be severely dealt with.

If had a boss that took some of the "heat" off me when I was under-pressure and screwed up, I'd be more determined to work for him and shut the critics up. All the great manager know how to manage their players. Some times players like criticism, but sometimes they see it as betrayal when the come out in the press.

Don't think the di Canio type managment style works in the top 2 leagues with the money, agents etc, NC as a less extreme version of this and there are still doubts over its sucess, there are constantly about 6 players being bombed out after every season so some players are either not keen on NC's style of management or NC isn't keen on their personality. But the odd player like Brayford praises this style and he hasn't had a great start under Mackay so who knows.

Fair points. Got no comeback to be honest.

If i had a boss that took some of the "heat" off me when I was under-pressure and screwed up, I'd be more determined to work for him and shut the critics up. All the great manager know how to manage their players. Some times players like criticism, but sometimes they see it as betrayal when they come out in the press.

Don't think the di Canio type management style works in the top 2 leagues with the money, agents etc, NC as a less extreme version of this and there are still doubts over its sucess, there are constantly about 6 players being bombed out after every season so some players are either not keen on NC's style of management or NC isn't keen on their personality. But the odd player like Brayford praises this style and he hasn't had a great start under Mackay so who knows.

Love to be a fly on the wall and make my own opinion of it all, rather than hear from biased accounts on both sides.

How about if you a highly paid employee who was massively cocky and underperforming. If the boss kept the heat off you, you would probably continue to be a *****.

In answer to the question: because he's a Cnut

If anyone makes the slighest insult towards a fellow anonymous poster, they get immediately jumped upon. This post however seems fine.

I think this says more about certain types of people who post on messageboards rather than Derby fans in general though.

Archived