Derby County v Reading

mozza

I said they were a bogey side, and it seems that nothing has changed.

Last 13 games against them 1  1  11.

I dont believe in bogey sides after 13 games neither do I believe that the luckiest sides will achieve promoton this season from the Championship. The reason that Leicester, Reading consistently beat us in games is not because of a gypsy curse or some hoodoo its because they are consistently doing something better than us in games.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont believe in bogey sides after 13 games neither do I believe that the luckiest sides will achieve promoton this season from the Championship. The reason that Leicester, Reading consistently beat us in games is not because of a gypsy curse or some hoodoo its because they are consistently doing something better than us in games.

That's just your opinion, don`t mean either of us are right or wrong.

Would like to see more of Jacobs. Would also like to see Ward and Hughes in More central roles.

For all the talent we know Will has we've hardly seen him today. Not quite on the wing but too far out for his most effective position.

Roll on next Tuesday so we can put this home form to bed.

Jesus. Struggling for positives right now, that was so, so deflating.

Sammon looked good, we got in enough positions to score a few, Hughes was ok, Eustace was good. That's about it.

It's still very early. But this was how not to be for the rest of the season.

Worst possible timing given the game next week.

Funnily enough I was happy enough at half time, wasn't a great game by any standards but after a slow start we were the better team heading into the break.

Then after the first goal we just crumbled, gifted them a second and that was that.

Grant and the other players need to have a long look at themselves for their first goal. A long punt to the back post, one and one for eustace against their man - it's blindingly obvious that if the opposition player wins it it's going into one area, and one area only. Yet not one player seeks to cover that space, and cut out the tap in.

Second goal was what it was, a gift from Russell, who continues to look out of his depth at home. Haven't seen him away, but obviously he's more effective then.

Third I wasn't too annoyed by, it was a good break and we were undone by having everyone up for the corner, which was needed at that stage to try and salvage a point.

We've now played four teams at home, three with genuine promotion aspirations, and I'm afraid we don't look anywhere as good as them in key areas.

So did you think the squad was no better than last season ?.

Yeah, the squad is better but if you'd have asked me at the same time for last season I said 18th, the fact we finished 10th for me means we finished well above ourselves.

This season, I think we're the 11th best side in the division - so, 11th for me. 

Yeah, the squad is better but if you'd have asked me at the same time for last season I said 18th, the fact we finished 10th for me means we finished well above ourselves.

This season, I think we're the 11th best side in the division - so, 11th for me. 

Hope we finish as far above your last seasons prediction this season. ;)

Manager Nigel Adkins heaped praise on the entire group of players after a fantastic 3-1 away win at Derby County. 

Adkins' team put in a great display at Pride Park, with Pavel Pogrebnyak scoring twice and Nick Blackman adding a late third to put the seal on all three points. 

Nigel said, "It was an excellent performance and the players were outstanding. 

"When you consider we had a difficult game on Wednesday night and expended a lot of energy, we lost several players as well so we knew coming here would be difficult against an excellent Derby side.

"We came with a gameplan, paid them a lot of respect in how we set up and it worked a treat for us. We had a mid-third block, looked to counter and we did that for the final goal. You've got to be disciplined to play like that and the players did that."

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/adkins-on-derby-win-210913-1068081.aspx?#mwXZ8cWIDb6qmwkv.99 

Archived