Ukraine v England

CumbrianRam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great walk/run/pass/cross/shot/sneeze/haircut by Gerrard. Has he got shares in itv?

Also how ***** is Townsend's philosophy? "Get it in the mixer, put a toe through it, whip something in there, stand it up, over the top, get rid of it, just got to get that away, fire it across goal"

He wants England to be managed by Billy Davies doesn't he

Plan A: Beat Montenegro, Poland beat Ukraine, job done.

Plan B: Beat Montenegro, guarantee at least second, play without fear against Poland, get a result, job done.

Plan C: Fail to beat Montenegro, watch Brazil 2014 without a British or Irish team for the first time in my lifetime, feel thankful that Euro 2016 has 24 teams, and surely we can manage to finish 3rd in a group!!!!

In all seriousness, I do have confidence that we will secure the group in the remaining two games.

Great result for england tonight, a point away is always a top result. We are top of the group now but with two really tough games ahead. After 3 draws in 3 recent games vs Montenegro, we know it's gonna be very hard to win, but maybe our boys can do it. Our old enemy Poland will also be tricky but perhaps we'll get the better of them this time.

I'm well happy that it's still in our hands with two games left. We'd always take when we are such a tough group. I know none of the best teams are in it, but 4 teams of such equal standing makes every game important.

It's great to see guys like Lamps and Gerrard still giving their all for England. We all know that however technically poor and positionally naive they are, they always give 110% for queen and country.

I might get shot down for this but I've got a feeling that we won't just qualify for Brazil, but we might do a lot better than people expect. Roy has shown in the past he is capable of getting a bunch of pretty average players to pull together. If we work hard and give it our all who knows, maybe we could even make the knockout stages.

If you think this is wildly optimistic, just remember New Zealand went into the last World Cup with a team full of hard working journeymen and almost sneaked into round two. They were also the only team not to lose a game in South Africa so it shows what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

What would our British neighbours give to be in with a chance of World Cup qualification. I'm fully behind our lads and Roy. Perhaps Sir Roy by the new year if we do make it to Brazil.

i think part of england tonight was we were sitting to far back, in a way just like derby invating preasure on themself, when they are at there best is when they go for it, and show some really steel at times. but you can say they looked they solid at the back.

Ashley Cole and Gary Cahill was the only good performances i saw.Walker must have sneaked in a balloon into the changing room

he was too high up the pitch. Milner has no pace. Lampard gave the ball away and wilshere constantly was fouled and given no time to turn.Walcott ran into crowded areas.Lambert is not international striker a goal agianst Moldova is nothing.If he deserves a call up 

why not Charlie austin,Gary hooper,Grant holt (Last year).Defoe was availble and can still move very quickly and one of the best first time finishers.

I think this is a team caught between going for alot of youth or sticking all the experience we can in there. Lampard and Gerrard cant play together they take up the same positions such as both wanting to hover on the edge of the box when the balls near the corner flag.

There two wide players are very good and will be names in european football soon but the rest are average at best and we should have marked them out of the game.

I know he is a constant media magnet but we have to recall terry whatever you say about him i have never seen in the last 10 years someone who wants to play for england more and gives it everything.Everyone probably thinks the same in the fact that chelsea will win the league therefore the partnership of Cahill and Terry for chelsea will be one that will be enjoying success.

I've always thought with England that our best chance lies in playing like its Man Utd V Liverpool.....total commitment, aggression, not give a second to anyone with the ball, early balls into the box, pressuring defenders.....its what English players do best. Fast tempo, up and at 'em, get into 'em, touch fook 'em up!

Until we adopt the tippy tappy style then this remains our best chance of winning summat.

I'm convinced we could barge our way to a semi-final at least by doing this, then anything can happen.

The problem is we dont have style.The style should fit your strengths the one thing England have above most teams is high tempo and Pace.We should be copying Aston villa's counter attacking football.Pure pace out wide and energy in the middle and everyone sitting deep and the breaking quick.

hey well i agree with some of your comments for me gerried and lampard can not play togather, but they were limited who they could pick to play but i all for giving the kids experance at full international experance. i felt sorry for theo walcot who got ganged up on and need someone to play off someone. i think ricki lampbit could not get near the goal really as they man marked to well, but i do feel his something england have missed for some time now. he is like a younger shear and teddy shirgram in one.

I've always thought with England that our best chance lies in playing like its Man Utd V Liverpool.....total commitment, aggression, not give a second to anyone with the ball, early balls into the box, pressuring defenders.....its what English players do best. Fast tempo, up and at 'em, get into 'em, touch fook 'em up!

Until we adopt the tippy tappy style then this remains our best chance of winning summat.

I'm convinced we could barge our way to a semi-final at least by doing this, then anything can happen.

I agree. But we first have to accept we are technically useless. Tony Pulis/Big Sam style would work. Stoke/Bolton vs Arsenal.

I agree. But we first have to accept we are technically useless. Tony Pulis/Big Sam style would work. Stoke/Bolton vs Arsenal.

No mate, not so much Pulis/Sam style but some of the best games have been when (reasonably) decent players play at a high tempo. Over the years some Liverpool-United games have been great to watch because they've moved the ball quickly.

We just don't look comfortable moving the ball slowly without purpose.

We are technically useless btw!

Luke shaw 

James ward-prowse

ross barkley

Nat Clyne

Are 4 to mention who are playing regulary at premier league level but 39% of English players in the prem is disgusting.Newcastle 

have 1 if that in there starting 11 but 8 french players.Players like tom ince,sam byram even our will should be being bought by midtable sides like west brom and newcastle playing regulary and moving onto the top 4.We need to cap the number of foreign 

players at a club forcing teams like man city and chelsea to play younger "English Players" this FFP is being got around as this was introduced to help the National team and the english game do you think the foreign owners care about that.Forests owner has recently admitted that they are challenging it whereas we agreeing with it creating a british atmosphere and giving youth a chance whereas forest have been spending there money on a scouting set up to find foreign players.He even has an academy in his country and has an ambition of producing someone to play for forest.This is not racist get foreign owners and players out we only need players like Mata and hazard to keep the premier leagues hype the useless ones can be replaced by english players.

Rant over

Archived