Derby fans get 3 year banning orders for singing at Brighton

uttoxram75

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a good song tbh.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with PD. Its funny, its ridiculous english schoolboy toilet humour. Its carry on films, its Benny Hill type stuff. Its Viz comic, its what we do everyday in factories and pubs up and down the country.

Coming out of a football stadium chanting "get into em, touch em up"  is not homophobic. Its quality old style terrace humour, black comedy admittedly, but its light hearted and if i'd have been there i would have laughed at it. Not because its anti-gay but because its funny.

BTW, I hate and despise the far right, the BNP, UKIP, National Front, EDL, all sad racist and anti-gay groups who are led by weak, selfish tossers who do far more damage to working people in this country by dividing instead of uniting ordinary people against corruption and vested interests.

Is it so wrong that a daft chant like that would make me laugh?

We had a labourer that described things as "peng" and "grim".

I like "grim".

Oh, I went out last night in town and there was "bare/bear" girls.

No Idea.

Love this forum - so educational...

peng - The over-exaggerated description of a person with good looks or a nice body or 
both. Look at her, she is fuckinp peng!!

grim -  is someone, who is a sket. It's usually a girl who loves boys and is always 
around them, she sucks dick and has sex and does lots of stuff

Is it so wrong that a daft chant like that would make me laugh?

It's not daft but have a think about it. You're anti-racist and anti-homophobic as a rule, I'm assuming you don't much like rapists either, so if you were at a women's football match would you laugh at "get into them, rape them up?"

I believe this is where I can really bring my strength out on the forum.

Sket is basically a dirty/dotty slag who loves giving it away for free, and has no morals at all.

to use in a sentence 'can we watch notebook tonight' 'are you mad? of course not you sket, match of the day is on' 

It's not daft but have a think about it. You're anti-racist and anti-homophobic as a rule, I'm assuming you don't much like rapists either, so if you were at a women's football match would you laugh at "get into them, rape them up?"

No GR. course I wouldn't. I don't believe it is the same. The context of the Brighton chant is different. Its not aimed at gay people, it was aimed at another group of football fans.

No GR. course I wouldn't. I don't believe it is the same. The context of the Brighton chant is different. Its not aimed at gay people, it was aimed at another group of football fans.

So if it was being chanted at the women in the crowd/away end of the football match I'm hypothesising, that would be OK?

So if it was being chanted at the women in the crowd/away end of the football match I'm hypothesising, that would be OK?

No it wouldn't but to be fair its unlikely to happen in that scenario, as you say, hypothetically. I'm struggling to equate the example you quote with the Brighton stuff.

The laddish culture of football is what i've been brought up in GR. I'm not saying its for everyone but in this particular instance I don't think its that bad.

Maybe because over the years i have heard and witnessed and yes, joined in, far worse.

What was the chant at Brian Clough and Peter Taylor when they were at Forest?

Was the world and society any worse then?

Genuine questions btw. Not rhetorical.

I remember...

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor - one's a puff and one's a sailor!!!!!!!

oh the golden age of terrace banter :rolleyes:

"Get into em. Touch em up".

What does that mean anyway? I can't see that it has any specific gay connertations, unless you're suggesting that only gays are guilty of molestation? I don't get it. Are Brighton fans all gay, or are we all sex offenders? Maybe I'm over thinking it.

"Get into em. Touch em up".

What does that mean anyway? I can't see that it has any specific gay connertations, unless you're suggesting that only gays are guilty of molestation? I don't get it. Are Brighton fans all gay, or are we all sex offenders? Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Just sing "worst team in history" at us and that's that.

Imagine if Leeds fans responded with "well I think you'll find much of Yorkshire is considered beautiful green country and every year people enjoy holidays here. Leeds university receives thousands of applicants and is also thrives in sport. The Leeds Rhinos are a hugely popular and a succesful Rugby team and Leeds United are in the 2nd tier of English football where every other week twenty five thousand people urge them to victory"

But when I sang "in your Yorkshire slums"...

Archived