NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/12/2016 at 19:36, Ram On Toast said:

I'm a Rams fan obviously, go to one game every year with my uncle (dolphins) dad (pats) and cousin (jaguars). I'm afraid we've decided on the Saints and Dolphins this year, but would love to see us play the Cardinals.

I've heard Twickenham is a bit pants though? Anyone here go to the Twickenham game this year?

Twickenham was great but not been to Wembley for NFL.. 6PM would suit me but I am local to Twickenham.

19 hours ago, r4derby said:

The Giants have finally got 10 wins in a regular season, and with 2 weeks still to go! I would happily have taken 10-6 at start of season, but now would like at least one of the last 2 to be a W for some momentum into (hopefully) the playoffs

All Day had a rough return from injury.

Amazing turnaround if you ask me.

I was never convinced early season evern at 2-0 with two close victories against poor teams.

Then after the the loses to Gb and Minesota, think we might have been 2-3 at that point, I would have glady taken an 8-8 season. Every fascate of their game has improved since then. Took a while before we had any sort of running game. Also took a while before we had any take aways what so ever. But the turn around in defence is astounding, and the last few weeks the defence has carried us. Getting some real momentum now, could it be another 2007 / 2011?

On 27/12/2016 at 20:15, CumbrianRam said:

Oh it sucks, man the AFC play-off QBs look weak bar Big Ben + Brady!

Whereas in the NFC (as it stands...) you've got former SB champs/MVPs in Eli, Russell Wilson and Rodgers, MVP candidate in Marty Ice and Dak '13-2' Prescott, as well as one of Stafford, Winston or Cousins (all been at least good QB's this season)

10 hours ago, r4derby said:

Whereas in the NFC (as it stands...) you've got former SB champs/MVPs in Eli, Russell Wilson and Rodgers, MVP candidate in Marty Ice and Dak '13-2' Prescott, as well as one of Stafford, Winston or Cousins (all been at least good QB's this season)

Yeah the QB field is strong but Eli has been pretty shocking imo. If he plays like an average QB and you get a bit more ground game, think the Giants could be sneaky underdogs actually. 

Possibly the Chargers' last game in San Diego... and hopefully their last w/ Mike McCoy. The guy has no balls. That being said, this season's been ok on the whole due to the emergence of a decent nucleus of players. I reckon under the right coach Joey Bosa, Casey Heyward, Jason Verrett, Phillip Rivers, Melvin Gordon and Keenan Allen (as well as promising rookies like Jatavis Brown and Hunter Henry) could be a competitive team. Fix the O-Line and we might be half decent next year.

Who is everyone's pick for MVP?

Mine's David Johnson, for obvious bias reasons, but I think it cannot be understated how amazing it is to get 1000 yards receiving and running. Completely carried us this year, what a player.

I don't think Dak will get it because of how joint his success has been with Zeke, they pretty much split the Cowboys vote. 

Matt Ryan is a good shout, he's done a lot without Julio.

18 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Mine's David Johnson, for obvious bias reasons, but I think it cannot be understated how amazing it is to get 1000 yards receiving and running. Completely carried us this year, what a player.

I don't think Dak will get it because of how joint his success has been with Zeke, they pretty much split the Cowboys vote. 

Ya I think DJ should win it, but it'll never happen :(. 

54 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

1) Brady
2) Ryan
3) Johnson

Yeah Brady missed 4 games, but he also threw 28 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions. That's astonishing. Ryan would be another deserving winner. I think if the Cardinals had made the playoffs, Johnson would have a chance, but it won't happen. Agree about the Cowboys rookies. Aaron Rodgers would have been in with a shot but he started too slowly. 

On 01/01/2017 at 23:34, Posh Ram said:

1) Brady
2) Ryan
3) Johnson

Yeah Brady missed 4 games, but he also threw 28 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions. That's astonishing. Ryan would be another deserving winner. I think if the Cardinals had made the playoffs, Johnson would have a chance, but it won't happen. Agree about the Cowboys rookies. Aaron Rodgers would have been in with a shot but he started too slowly. 

Rodgers may have started slowly but he's made up for it the past 6 weeks. Leads the league on TD passes (imagine how many he would have got if he hadn't started slowly)and hasn't thrown an interception for nearly 300 attempts.

i know I'm biased but GB second half of the season has been immense, with all the injuries early on and more coming (no running backs left and having to play a receiver there) losing all the starting secondary during the game against Detroit.

Their momentum is growing.

could they win it 50 years after the first? I think they've got a shout.

Archived