NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Don't understand who's flicked the off switch at Falcons. 6-0 to 6-7.

I seriously hope Panthers don't win - but with the games they have left, I can't see anyone beating them. Definitely not Falcons. Hate Cam Newton.

For the Falcons, our problems stem to a lack of confidence and we are a two-headed beast at most (plus Ryan is has looked worried for both of these reasons). Fundamentally, we are a 8-8 team but we got the rub of the green in the early games - Eli Manning not running the clock properly, a pick-six overtime win against Redskins etc. We got a good start, the Eagles couldn't deal with Jones and we got some confidence up - we were playing well and looked like we were having fun. Then Freeman exploded and we looked like we were going to have a great season. In the passing game, we only have Jones that can catch, no-one else is really helping him out, meaning it is easy to defend against. Our O-line doesn't give Ryan the time, so he panics and throws interceptions. It also doesn't give room for Freeman to run - and once teams figured that out then we were toast. Now, low on confidence, the game is clicking and everyone is worried - making the whole situation worse. Throw in some bad luck at the start of the run (the Saints game) and we've crashed. Well, there's always next year.

Also, OBJ! Had a great game last night.

Loved watching him for LSU, with Mettenberger (who I think will come good in the NFL eventually), Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Hill. Such an entertaining team. LSU getting close to rebuilding a team now. 8 players got drafted along with OBJ in 2014, and 4 more last year. 

Ravens stick yet another player on season ending IR. This actually not funny now. 

By my count 12 starters are on there now, and add to that then further 13 players to have missed games this year. So near enough every starter has been injured. 

Just now, Srg said:

Ravens stick yet another player on season ending IR. This actually not funny now. 

By my count 12 starters are on there now, and add to that then further 13 players to have missed games this year. So near enough every starter has been injured. 

Starting to look like someone's not doing their job properly.

1 hour ago, AnimalisaRam said:

OBJ is having an excellent season. I've enjoyed watching NYG.

I'm glad you have, as a Giants fan it has been the usual hair pulling experience. Not expected to get much against Panthers next week but we will implode over the next few weeks and finish with a whimper. 

Odell has been explosive, but had made us look better than we are at the minute

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I'm glad you have, as a Giants fan it has been the usual hair pulling experience. Not expected to get much against Panthers next week but we will implode over the next few weeks and finish with a whimper. 

Odell has been explosive, but had made us look better than we are at the minute

Please beat Panthers :lol: maybe that's why I'm enjoying them, from a neutral viewpoint. Besides, they're better to watch than the Falcons at the moment... <_<

As a Saints fan I'd enjoy a Panthers loss, the only thing worse than the panthers winning the SB is the Falcons or Cowboys doing it. But bias aside they deserve to, and now they've come so far I'd at least like to see them go 16-0 in regular season. 

7 hours ago, Srg said:

Nearly all of them are in game injuries which makes it worse. 

The one that really pisses me off is Breshad Perriman. 

Both our teams have lost seasons because of injuries. 

At least the Ravens have some nice pieces. Outside of Rivers, we don't have anyone elite. And our coaching and playcalling is just horrendous.

Can't say ours is fantastic. Dean Pees hasn't called enough blitzes for me, he's rushed 3 far too many times. Marc Trestman has been so poor too. The only thing he's done remotely well is use Buck Allen in the past 3 weeks. 

Fair enough. The only thing I like about the Chargers at the moment is the drafting. Jason Verrett and Jerry Attaochu have really come on. Denzel Perryman looks like a really strong prospect and Manti Te'o has improved. Melvin Gordon is a concern but we just need to run the ball more and give him some help with a proper fullback. Looking forward to see what Telesco can do with a top pick, although he's been pretty poor in most other areas of GM'ing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived