Must have made a profit?

Ambitious

With Tyson finally getting out the door, the last of the non-contributing high earners have gone.

Just wondering now though, with everything taken into account with ins and outs... we must have made a fairly healthy profit this summer.

Remember when Brayford was sold and someone put a tounge in cheek comment 'that's where the Russell money came from' and at the time, it didn't sit right with me because I thought - well, yeah.. I wouldn't be surprised.

Here we are 23:04 on the 2/09/2013 the window is closed and despite the promises of investment and improvement, we've decided against investing in our 'defence' which to 97% of Derby fans is in dire need, and to the other 3% could definitely do with a little vamp/ 

Makes you wonder whether or not the goalposts have shifted this season in terms of the top 6? I don't see how any right minded owner could expect it this season, not with what we have currently.

Always next summer, can someone google 'out of contract players 2013/2014?' perhaps we'll get a bargain!  :ph34r:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Tyson finally getting out the door, the last of the non-contributing high earners have gone.

Just wondering now though, with everything taken into account with ins and outs... we must have made a fairly healthy profit this summer.

Remember when Brayford was sold and someone put a tounge in cheek comment 'that's where the Russell money came from' and at the time, it didn't sit right with me because I thought - well, yeah.. I wouldn't be surprised.

Here we are 23:04 on the 2/09/2013 the window is closed and despite the promises of investment and improvement, we've decided against investing in our 'defence' which to 97% of Derby fans is in dire need, and to the other 3% could definitely do with a little vamp/ 

Makes you wonder whether or not the goalposts have shifted this season in terms of the top 6? I don't see how any right minded owner could expect it this season, not with what we have currently.

Always next summer, can someone google 'out of contract players 2013/2014?' perhaps we'll get a bargain!  :ph34r:

I think there's going to be a loan coming in. Be it a central midfielder...ffs.

Your posts have really taken a negative turn recently, Ambitious. Like, depressingly negative (although I do agree).

Oh god, I'm turning into Bris  :(

I'll say it how I see it, just frustrated at the PERCEIVED lack of willingness to improve on our part - I think back to the time around the Russell saga to now... just a completely different perspective, also baffles me how competition is good everywhere else in the team, but at the back - it's bad? makes no sense. 

I like decisions to at least have a little bit of logic behind them, even if I don't agree with them - what we have done since selling Brayford and onwards to me has been senseless. How can we make a centre back an early priority (early doors) miss out on one or two, lose a player and say we are able to strenghten around the team, to THEN say we're completely happy.

How can you be completely happy? QPR are a lot better than us in my opinion, yet they still look to improve... Real Madrid, they are perhaps classed as a little bit better than us, yet.. they have still looked to improve. I just don't get the logic behind 'we're happy with what we have' when arguably we're even good enough for our aims this season. 

Player ------ Fee ------- Wage 

In:

Martin ------ Free ------ High

Grant ------- Free ------ High

Forsyth ----- 200k ----- Low

Russell ----- 700k ----- Average

Smith ------- Free ------ Low

Eustace ---- Free ------ Average

Out:

Brayford ---- 1.5 million --- High

Oconnor ---- Loan --------- Low/average

Tyson -------- Free ---------- High

Robinson ---- 150k --------- Low/average

Made a 750k profit

Martin and Grant replaced Tyson and Brayford as high earners.

Added 4 lower/average earners, lost 2.

Oh god, I'm turning into Bris  :(

I'll say it how I see it, just frustrated at the PERCEIVED lack of willingness to improve on our part - I think back to the time around the Russell saga to now... just a completely different perspective, also baffles me how competition is good everywhere else in the team, but at the back - it's bad? makes no sense. 

I like decisions to at least have a little bit of logic behind them, even if I don't agree with them - what we have done since selling Brayford and onwards to me has been senseless. How can we make a centre back an early priority (early doors) miss out on one or two, lose a player and say we are able to strenghten around the team, to THEN say we're completely happy.

How can you be completely happy? QPR are a lot better than us in my opinion, yet they still look to improve... Real Madrid, they are perhaps classed as a little bit better than us, yet.. they have still looked to improve. I just don't get the logic behind 'we're happy with what we have' when arguably we're even good enough for our aims this season. 

We've had 2 deadlines,the 'Early Birds' one and the one just passed.I seem to remember that prior to the former,names like Baptiste and Burke were being bandied around,together with exciting signings and a top 6 push.Now the latter has finally passed,we must try and assess if our overall activity has been enough to come somewhere close to matching that of those clubs that finished above us last year ,and then additionally done enough to overtake enough of them (whilst ignoring relegated clubs,and it looks to me that QPR may well have done enough to close off one of the automatics).I share your depression,and the loss of Jeff for 12 weeks hasn't helped. 

It's a loan wage so maybe 50%?

Or maybe 95%?

Really don't understand the point in starting a thread and just completely guessing at figures to justify a point.

Eustace has been around at a decent level for ages yet is listed as on a lower wage than Brayford who has had one maybe two Championship contracts?

We've had 2 deadlines,the 'Early Birds' one and the one just passed.I seem to remember that prior to the former,names like Baptiste and Burke were being bandied around,together with exciting signings and a top 6 push.Now the latter has finally passed,we must try and assess if our overall activity has been enough to come somewhere close to those clubs that finished above us last year ,and then additionally done enough to overtake enough of them (whilst ignoring relegated clubs,and it looks to me that QPR may well have done enough to close off one of the automatics).I share your depression,and the loss of Jeff for 12 weeks hasn't helped. 

Agree, hope we get a statement.

If I was Rush/Clough I would try and down any expectation this season, and with the month coming up - I think they could find themselves in a difficult position, again, I'm not a negative fan at all, but MIllwall, Bolton, Leicester and Forest away.. with only Reading at home. I said in another thread, it really is a month where we could lose every single game even without doing much wrong - so we need to dig deep for the upcoming games, otherwise it's not going to be a nice place to be around when September ends. 

Quoting £1.5m for Brayford us false. On RD they said that £300k went to Crewe for sell on clause and we had under a million of the rest available. Possible that the 750k profit mentioned above might not be there at all.

They also says the budget for the squad is £2m up this year compared to last.

Archived