Tom Carroll

Angry Ram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a good player but I think he came at the wrong time. We were scrapping for points and we were in a bad run and he is a player who likes to pass the ball and a bit of time and at the time, teams were battling for every ball but always thought he had something.

He was a good player but I think he came at the wrong time. We were scrapping for points and we were in a bad run and he is a player who likes to pass the ball and a bit of time and at the time, teams were battling for every ball but always thought he had something.

Agree 100%. He had nice tidy passing and great movement. But he wasn't here at the right time.

I really wasn't a massive fan at all, didn't boo him or jeer him - but just felt we got mugged off with Spurs sending him to us (remember they also rate Livermore) 

Massively over-rated in my eyes, probably closer to the England team than Hughes despite having a 10th of the ability. 

Saying all this, he came with a glowing reference and perhaps just felt a bit under par here - but, for saying his main trait was ball retention, he just used to give it away for fun in a Derby shirt, and 90% looked like a 12 year old in his dads shirt.

Still wish him the best.

i think it started away at burnley, I maybe wrong, but a group of hard to the very core Derby fans actually sung that during an actual match..

It's genius, it's brilliant, I cant believe I didnt think of it. 

Last season from the first minute to the last minute I would have sung;

'I pay your wages, drop Connor Sammon' 

Thought he was completely turd.

Agree... I'm usually pretty suportive of players until they've had a decent amount of time but thought he wasn't good enough...

It's all very well saying "he was too good for the championship and would be class if he wasn't hassled" but he was no smaller built than the young lad with the epic blonde hair... adaptation is the mark of a truely good player...

Need to go 2/3 games without a goal and Theo to score for Donny at the same time.

Need to go 2/3 games without a goal and Theo to score for Donny at the same time.

I cant wait, it will happen. I was dumbfounded by somebody on twitter saying that we should have got half a mil for Theo! Who would pay half a mill for Theo I mean really?!  Some DCFC are just moronic and always looking for something to moan at.

Technically he was far superior to anyone we had at the time. Dont buy the lightweight stuff, if you move the ball quickly enough, whats the issue?

Love to watch players like him and Will play..

Think his time at Derby proved Will is a better player though. Hughes isn't any stronger and two years younger yet he's performed far better far more often. One of the reasons why I think Hughes will play at the very top.

There's no doubt that Carroll has a lot of ability but he needs to be playing in a good team to shine, whereas on the other hand a team looks good when Will Hughes is playing in it.

However, I think some of the fans' behaviour towards Carroll was pretty disgraceful and there aren't many young players who would thrive in that kind of atmosphere.

Archived