Barcelona interest in Will Hughes

CumbrianRam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideal world;

Barca sign Hughes for 4+ million, w/ add ons.

Arrange a pre season friendly

A loanee or two from the B side or better still a partnership with Barca for future talent to join DCFC on loan

DCFC world;

Fulham sign Hughes for under 3 million

Add ons involve Hughes making 200 appearances for England senior squad

We spend the money on John Eustace.

It'd be great to keep Hughes as he's a very very talented player and has the potential to be a solid Prem League player...

However I don't think it would be such a bad thing for HIM to go to one of the big sides... Liverpool are proving they're happy to play young talent, Man City are gonna have the best youth facilities in the world soon, Arsenal and United have a history of developing talented youngsters and I honestly think if (on rumour alone) he got the chance to develop himself with Barca that would be a great thing for England in the future... We need more players who have experience of playing in other leagues...

You can't underestimate the value of training and playing with better players...

facilities aren't neccesarily everything when it comes to youth players. They don't get attracted because of the training ground they get attracted because its Manchester Utd !!!! or Barcelona !!!!!! the name counts for a lot. the reason why city will start to get the best young players Is one money but two they are actually seen as a big club now.

facilities aren't neccesarily everything when it comes to youth players. They don't get attracted because of the training ground they get attracted because its Manchester Utd !!!! or Barcelona !!!!!! the name counts for a lot. the reason why city will start to get the best young players Is one money but two they are actually seen as a big club now.

I disagree with some of this.. I'd imagine the players also look at the records of them playing such youth players. Scott Sinclair barely appears for City. Given the choice I'd rather go to Arsenal, or Barcelona.

Archived