Windows PC Help

Day

PC has no Internet browser, not even IE

PC disc drive doesn't detect any disc

PC does not detect USB sticks

PC can detect my Apple Time Capsule (External Hard Drive) which has Internet explorer download on

BUT

PC crashes mid transfer every ******* time then loses connection to Time Capsule

Mac can see PC and access its files but when I copy IE install file over I'm left on calculating time and doesn't transfer file then it knocks the Time Capsule offline so needs rebooting.

PC came with Windows pre installed, it should be on a partition but its not there

Ran system restore as I'm preparing PC for sale and that's what created all these ******* problems!!!

Mac > PC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried turning it off and on again, I've tried calling it ******* piece of ****, I've tried slamming my hands in the desk shouting work you ******* moron. I even called Bill Gates the C word, I wasn't proud of myself it just slipped out

I've done about 5 system restores now using different dates. I want to sell it so I went to reinstall windows, didn't come with a disc. I went through the thing and it came up with an error saying that the partition is corrupt or something so I thought sod it I'll just do a system restore, did that back to the earliest date and Chrome wouldn't open and it wiped Internet explorer from the system and wouldn't recognise discs or USB sticks. Ran system restore say 5 times using different dates each time and nothing.

I've done about 5 system restores now using different dates. I want to sell it so I went to reinstall windows, didn't come with a disc. I went through the thing and it came up with an error saying that the partition is corrupt or something so I thought sod it I'll just do a system restore, did that back to the earliest date and Chrome wouldn't open and it wiped Internet explorer from the system and wouldn't recognise discs or USB sticks. Ran system restore say 5 times using different dates each time and nothing.

You might have wiped "Windows Explorer" by accident

Asside from that I'm not too sure what youve done, or hard drive failure if that partition actually is corrupt but its difficult to say with out seeing it, I'm just making guesses here. If its a hard drive failure it should even launch windows.

You could always try installing a Linux kernel temporarily, Ubuntu is best.

First thing I do with a PC is open IE and download Chrome or Firefox then remove the shortcut from the desktop, I'd never uninstall it no matter how much I hate it

Same thing everyone does, if windows is running fine then there should be no problem with disk drive/usb

Have you tried the usb ports in the back of the pc/a different disk drive?

We have lift off, for whatever reason my MacBook transferred Firefox on to PC, I'm downloaded some Microsoft fix it thing which has found a problem with the disc drive its fixing. Not come up with anything about the USB yet. Next up need to get the USB working and find a way of getting an .ISO file burnt onto a USB stick as I've got a copy of Windows 7 to reinstall.

Right, it's still ****

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT31N ATA Device has a driver problem - not fixed

Coprocessor doesn't have a driver - not fixed

Hardware changes might not have been detected - Detected

Archived