A bit of perspective required.

Mostyn6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is good money. Commons was in the same boat contract wise and we only got £300k.

Interesting to think how Bailey feels about all this. They arrived together, yet now one is likely to be playing in the Premier League and the other doesn't have a club to go to yet.

if we'd signed a full back of Brayford's quality for £2M on a 12-month deal, people would have said we were mad - sell a player that's expressed a desire to move on for £2M or keep an unhappy player for 12 months and let him leave for nothing? - no brainer decision.....

It's not 2 Million. It's 1.5 - 2 wityh add on's which means we will have to wait and see if Brayford plays 30 odd games and if Cardiff stay up..

1.5 Million take away 15% is 1.35 Million. Replacement for Brayford 600k raising to 800 K on apperances, leaves 550 K for a Centre back not a lot of change.

Main problem with it is the timing. So close to the season, noises sounded like he was staying. Now that's gone... and so has the feel good factor around the club, all less than 2 weeks until opening day. And even if we do replace him before then, which is debateable, that player won't have bed in because he won't have been with us all pre-season.

Just been informed McNaughton has signed a contract within the past few days/weeks which makes this Brayford deal a bit more weird.

Surely as a Cardiff fan you'd want McNaughton as first choice as he has been there since 2006 and played 250 games. Brayford said he wants a crack at the Prem, so is he really going to get it with McNaughton still there? 

I don't doubt that he can and will be replaced, Does it make us more solid as a team I doubt it..

8 days until our first game.

I will have a bet that it will take us at least a week to find a replacement before going through negotiations.

It will be 2 and a half weeks until a fee agreed which means 2 games of the season, We will then do a Medical which is 3 weeks down the line and almost 4 games before we find a replacement.

Ok your right that Freeman can cover but he does not get forward so we have lost coutts.

If a CB gets injured we will need to find cover which would have been Brayford. If Freeman gets injured like he has done in Preseason we will need to put O'Connor in and i'm sorry but he is awful.

The defence as it stands is missing a CB and a RB which means it's even weaker than last year.

The positive maybe that we knew all along he was going and we have a replacement for him already.

Only time will tell

It's not 2 Million. It's 1.5 - 2 wityh add on's which means we will have to wait and see if Brayford plays 30 odd games and if Cardiff stay up..

1.5 Million take away 15% is 1.35 Million. Replacement for Brayford 600k raising to 800 K on apperances, leaves 550 K for a Centre back not a lot of change.

A lot of assumptions in there.........we are more than capable of doing add-on based deals ourselves and you are working on the premise that our pot was already empty! Just to be pedantic, £1.5M less 15% isn’t £1.35M either (its actually worse) :) 

I'm still confident we will look back at this deal in couple of weeks and be thinking we have done alright out of it. 

Clough has always said 'If we receive a bid, we will judge it on merit and only sell if it benefits the team and we can strengthen the team with that.'

With the £1.5 million we can find a more than capable right back for around £500,000, I have no doubt Clough has a number possible replacements lined up for all our players should any of them be sold, and possibly be able to buy or if not get a good centre back in on loan with a big loan fee for the season.

A lot of assumptions in there.........we are more than capable of doing add-on based deals ourselves and you are working on the premise that our pot was already empty! Just to be pedantic, £1.5M less 15% isn’t £1.35M either (its actually worse) :) 

I'm still confident we will look back at this deal in couple of weeks and be thinking we have done alright out of it. 

I think it is 15% of the profit not the total sum. In other words take off what we paid for him first.

I'm actually reasonably happy that we're selling Brayford. £1.5 million in the transfer kitty and now Freeman will (hopefully) be given the chance to develop. The only thing I'm peeved about is that it's Franchise FC he's going to. 

Archived