Forum Board Suggestions

Day

what about a 'technology' section?

I've got a Nexus 7 but know I'm not getting the most out of it, and wanted to ask people here if they had one and if they had tips.

Yes, swap it for a Blackberry Playbook. It's cheaper and has 64gb memory.

Otherwise search for as many free apps as poss, especially one of the football ones which gives you scores and results from as many countries and leagues as you like. Also shell out a few bob for an office suite and external keyboard.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic

1) Not fussed - it's OK how it is but easy enough to give it a try I guess

2) Sounds good

3) Not for me - it is on other clubs boards this way and irritates me as you have to jump around a load of threads, best to keep it all in one place even if you have to skim over some off topic stuff

4) I like this idea, would even go so far as to create a new board with the title Rams Squad or something, would keep all the player bashing in one place

what about a chatbox? 

Similar to matchday chat, but embedded at the bottom of the page if you log in to it.

This could be for idle chat that doesn't warrant a thread.

For example:- "is anyone watching ..... on channel 5?"... and responses.

I was about to post a thread about the dilemma I have. I have some chicken wings in the oven, they came with some sauce, but the sauce is glowing and is supposed to be hot... do I risk pouring the sauce over my wings?

what about a chatbox?

Similar to matchday chat, but embedded at the bottom of the page if you log in to it.

This could be for idle chat that doesn't warrant a thread.

For example:- "is anyone watching ..... on channel 5?"... and responses.

I was about to post a thread about the dilemma I have. I have some chicken wings in the oven, they came with some sauce, but the sauce is glowing and is supposed to be hot... do I risk pouring the sauce over my wings?

Couple of reasons I don't like chat boxes, first and the major one is they use 3rd party plugins and one of the most common ways forums can get hacked, they are a security nightmare.

They are also a nightmare to moderate, the ones I've seen in use on other forums you have to go through the admin panel and the logs to remove anything, can't speak for the mods but there's enough to keep up with on the forum as it is.

The off topic board is full of random threads, the more random have been the more entertaining ones, don't worry about opening new threads in there we don't charge per thread, always room for a chicken wing sauce or no sauce thread

• 2 weeks later...

We could have a chat box which is only opened in emergency. What made me think of it was the Johnny Russell thread becoming ridiculously long and the forum had lots of people online. In situations like that (the evening he signed was mental) the chat could be opened therefore saving people having to scroll through 50 pages of ********.

Archived