Forum Board Suggestions

Day

I'd like a way of hiding boards I don't visit. There may already be one.

You can't hide boards but you can choose which forums show on the view new content tab. If you click on filter by forum at the bottom left, click which boards you want to see then click save. (Not sure why its pink, will have to change that).

The settings you pick will stay set every time you use visit the view new content tab, to reset it just click on the filter by forums again.

"n5kANjX" alt="n5kANjX">

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like a way of hiding boards I don't visit. There may already be one.

Sorted something for you, only tested quickly so any problems give me a shout. I can't guarantee this will work on future updates of the forum but it's working now. If it causes problems with other bits of the forum I might have to pull it.

1. Goto 'My Settings' in your user drop down menu, then go on the 'Remove Forums' tab. Select from the forums which you want to hide.

"JoowdoU" alt="JoowdoU">

This will now hide from the board index

"5WE8gZH" alt="5WE8gZH">

2. If you use the 'View New Content' tab you need to select 'Filter by forums' and tick all the boards except the ones you don't want to see. 

Now that board should be hidden totally for you.

"zpuGuwC" alt="zpuGuwC">

2. If you use the 'View New Content' tab you need to select 'Filter by forums' and tick all the boards except the ones you don't want to see. 

Now that board should be hidden totally for you.

I've haven't noticed the filter by forum bit before - that's fantastic!  It's gonna save me loads time!

I only found it the other day as well, you can also click on the little Ram icon next to each board on the homepage to mark all threads with that board read, works on both desktop and mobile.....I do it on Other Sports all the time, bloody cricket

I only found it the other day as well, you can also click on the little Ram icon next to each board on the homepage to mark all threads with that board read, works on both desktop and mobile.....I do it on Other Sports all the time, bloody cricket

Is there a function to automatically hide any posts from Boycie?

Yeah, you see that ban button...

Whoever reads this first and wants to you can now open a match thread for the next game. Winner stays on from this game onwards, just keep the thread title inline with the others, opening post do what you like but entertain me....

what about a 'technology' section?

I've got a Nexus 7 but know I'm not getting the most out of it, and wanted to ask people here if they had one and if they had tips.

I'm using nexus 7 as well, you miss features like changing font size and effects on the writing which sucks, but there's nothing that can be done about that. Its just the make.

I'm using nexus 7 as well, you miss features like changing font size and effects on the writing which sucks, but there's nothing that can be done about that. Its just the make.

Same on all mobiles and tablets, the next major update from IPB will change this as the editor is being upgraded, should be out around October but I will wait for a few weeks to see what bugs crop up so November/December time.

Archived