Old derby programmes, Inc a young Billy Davies!

Boycie

I was at the England Holland schoolboys game at Wembley - any famous Dutch names?

I also thought that Ipswich 1979 game was my first ever visit to the BBG but I reckon it was the Feb 79 game from the previous season

i didn't know any of the names? Either them playing for England?

Still can't believe Billy Davies was a school boy.

I must dig out a Jimmy Crankie picture.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

Afraid programmes in general from the 1960s, although 'old', are only worth a pound or two each (check on eBay!).

Of course there are exceptions for every club. With Derby, it's Derby v Forest 30 Jan 1971 postponed, and Derby v British Olympic X1 14 Dec 1970. If anyone has either of those please let me know, I'll make you a good offer! Also Derby v Carlisle 74/75 newspaper can fetch £40-£50, but it was only a couple of years ago it would sell for closer to £100.

May I take this opportunity for a shameless plug?! For anyone interested in programmes or any other Rams memorabilia, issue 1 of Derby County Memorabilia magazine is available (co-edited by myself). It's only £2.50 including postage via eBay, less than a current season Derby home programme!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111119108101?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Steve

My first programme was from my first away day, 1998/99 season at Upton Park we lost 5-1 Wanchope scoring our only goal. Wooden seats on the away end, Ian Wright on the front cover. A team that included Joe Cole, Frank Lampard and John Terry on the bench.

It's worth very little but a lot to me!

I've got a wembley ticket stud from the WBA vs derby match signed by Stephen Pearson and also the match programme signed by billy davies Stephen bywater and lee grant.

Will those be worth anything??

I've got three match programmes signed by the whole team and sog :o ........might use em to light the barbie this weekend :D

Must have been in the squad! I was about 8 at the time so the memory was stretched. And so we're we, good job by then I was a die hard fan and no going back having had a season ticket for 2 seasons previous!

But look at our line up. Some quality in there!

Some outright dross too.

Adam Murray for Mikkel Beck must rank as one of the highest for a substitution with 2 woeful players in the Prem.

Marginally better than swapping Adam Murray for a toffee apple.

Must have been in the squad! I was about 8 at the time so the memory was stretched. And so we're we, good job by then I was a die hard fan and no going back having had a season ticket for 2 seasons previous!

But look at our line up. Some quality in there!

John Terry did play for Chelsea against us on the last day of that season, so maybe it was that.

Archived