Bohemians v Derby County

Day

Good game and a good laugh. Hedrick won everything, Russell looked tidy, Bennett was charging forwards at every opportunity and so was Brayford, Hanson looked good and Bryson ran, everyone else looked their normal selves.

You'll be pleased to hear there was the obligatory "Dublin's a **** hole" as well.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how good a side are bohemians then I mean which English league side are they like?

Bohs are currently bottom of the league at the minute and it showed today.

It was a bit more competitive in the first half, Bohs had a great chance off the bar when the game was at 2-1. I don't put a lot of stock on pre-season friendlies but some players simply watched the game pass them such as Jacobs who never really seemed to get on the ball.

The third goal was laughable with the keeper making an absolute howler with a backpass and Legz almost did the same thing towards the end of the game. Coutts scored a screamer, Russell's second was thanks to great work from Bennett and all in all Derby were comfortable for the majority of the game.

They all looked about 18, one was very Hughes like dunno his name though. I thought they played in a very similar way to us, which could be why Cloughie wanted to play them? He was a miserable get today aswell, the lads really, really, really wanted him to wave at them and he didn't for ages. Haha

Pre Season results personally don't matter to me. It's more to do with the match fitness and trying new tactics, which we did today.

4-3-1-2 could work this season. But I'd try out 4 2 3 1 in one of these friendlies.

It'll definitely be ......

352 or 532 or 442 or 4411 or 4231 or 4132 or 451 or 541 or 433 or 343 or 3232 or 523 or 424 or 3511 or 5311 or 4321 or 3412 or 3421

I know I've said it twice already and it was only a pre season against a poorer side but Bennett looks twice the player he was, looks strong, constantly looking up and can pick a pass. We already know he can shoot as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if he pushes hard and ends up starting alongside Super Johnny this season.

Archived