Bohemians v Derby County

Day

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This stand here is supposed to be unsafe and got told it was built without planning permission!

"THT1xvs" alt="THT1xvs">

That stand must be at least 60 years old at least. In all my memory of going to games in Dalymount Park I think the last time this stand was open to the public was 1996-97 season when the cup final was contested here between Shels and Derry. It was condemned and the stand across from were we were sat was condemned in 2010 thankfully as I near went on my head there in the 09 season (I may have also been drunk). Its upsetting to see how the stadium has decayed over the years, because it once hosted a lot of key international, european and FAI Cup final games. The reason it is in its state was because Liam Carroll bought the ground for 23m Euro and wished to redevelop it into a housing and business venture whilst Bohs were to get land next to the Airport. It fell through when it was disputed that part of the ground which the club sold did not belong to them and after a lengthy court battle the club lost and went into financial ruin.

Without offending anyone, I like really like Dublin but wow it's dirty, my trainers are ruined  :(

Also, I couldn't believe the lack of Irish, have they completely moved out of the centre because everyone was either American (holding their family trees in powerful death grips) Asian or possibly Spanish, Portuguese, Brazil etc.

A lovely girl chucked a pint over my mate after he called her Moira and asked for a fish supper, fully deserved but so funny.

That stand must be at least 60 years old at least. In all my memory of going to games in Dalymount Park I think the last time this stand was open to the public was 1996-97 season when the cup final was contested here between Shels and Derry. It was condemned and the stand across from were we were sat was condemned in 2010 thankfully as I near went on my head there in the 09 season (I may have also been drunk). Its upsetting to see how the stadium has decayed over the years, because it once hosted a lot of key international, european and FAI Cup final games. The reason it is in its state was because Liam Carroll bought the ground for 23m Euro and wished to redevelop it into a housing and business venture whilst Bohs were to get land next to the Airport. It fell through when it was disputed that part of the ground which the club sold did not belong to them and after a lengthy court battle the club lost and went into financial ruin.

Thanks for the info mate, it's a shame because it seems like a great club supported by very friendly and loyal fans.

What does the future look like for them?

Archived