Good Pubs In Derbyshire

Shuff264

That sageisback youth knows all the boozers.

Theres a nice pub at ashover.......the crispin inn

I'm not keen on the dead poets, and its yonks since i went to the holly bush.

Why thank you. The Old Poets at Ashover is very, very good. Lambchop did a pretty good job to be honest. I would add the Victoria at Matlock Bath, Bell Inn at Smalley, King William at Milford and the White Horse at Woolley Moor.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holly Bush at Makeney; Dead Poets at Holbrook; Old Oak at Horsley Woodhouse; Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton; Gate at Brassington; Horseshoes at Long Lane; Flying Childers at Stanton in the Peak; Boat at Cromford; Barley Mow and King's Head at Bonsall; White Lion at Starkholmes; Thorn Tree in Matlock; Plough at Two Dales; Red Lion at Birchover; Bowling Green at Winster; Cock and Pullet at Sheldon; Quiet Woman at Earl Sterndale; Three Stags Heads at Wardlow Mires; Yew Tree at Cauldon.

Alcoholic.

Why thank you. The Old Poets at Ashover is very, very good. Lambchop did a pretty good job to be honest. I would add the Victoria at Matlock Bath, Bell Inn at Smalley, King William at Milford and the White Horse at Woolley Moor.  

The Fish Pond at Matlock Bath has been done up recently and they have a selection of real ales now.

They are also hosting MAD Beer Festival in August. There will be a hog roast and 50 different beers. Sounds good to me.

The Poet's Corner has also won cider pub of the year, beating the Square and Compass at Worth Matravers in Dorset, which is my favourite pub anywhere.

A good pub walk I did recently is to start in Sheldon, go to the Bull at Monyash, then down Deep Dale and Monsall Dale to the Stables, call in at the Packhorse in Longstone, then back up to the W*nkers (Cock and Pullet).

The Poet's Corner has also won cider pub of the year, beating the Square and Compass at Worth Matravers in Dorset, which is my favourite pub anywhere.

A good pub walk I did recently is to start in Sheldon, go to the Bull at Monyash, then down Deep Dale and Monsall Dale to the Stables, call in at the Packhorse in Longstone, then back up to the W*nkers (Cock and Pullet).

How far is that it must take a few hours. 

How far is that it must take a few hours.

Think it's about 9 or 10 miles altogether, but nicely broken up by pub stops, and a good variety of scenery. Probably averaged about about 1 mile an hour when we did it at half term.

Amber Valley pub of the year, Black Bulls Head is just up the road from me.

Outside Bedlam Bar in the courtyard also, so probably 12 real ales and 6 ciders?

On a bus route too. 71, 6x, and a short 5 mins walk from the 6.3 to Ripley.

Amber Valley pub of the year, Black Bulls Head is just up the road from me.

Outside Bedlam Bar in the courtyard also, so probably 12 real ales and 6 ciders?

On a bus route too. 71, 6x, and a short 5 mins walk from the 6.3 to Ripley.

I was reading about this pub in one of them free booklets you get about real ale pubs. The Bedlam Bar sounds great. Apparently it was the area where they slaughtered animals. Do they serve the beer straight from the barrel in there?

I was reading about this pub in one of them free booklets you get about real ale pubs. The Bedlam Bar sounds great. Apparently it was the area where they slaughtered animals. Do they serve the beer straight from the barrel in there?

thats correct, always a Landlord on, but sells out by mid sat, and 4 other barrels. Normally 2 ciders or perry. Plus the good selection inside, and he keeps his ale in tip top condition.

I've been down the cellar too!

Struggling a bit since Kim from the Poet's gave it up, unfortunately. Excellent beers and pizzas in the Fishpond now, and the music is picking up again too.

Didn't know that. That's a shame.

Walked from Belper to Makeney along the river and back again along the heritage trail and went to the Milford Social Club, very 1970's but good, cheap ale and then the Holly Bush, which is even better than ever.

I hear the Vine is good but a bit protective of its locals and doesnt like outsiders!

You must mean the Masons thats where the real clicky locals go, Vines my local 2 min walk always see different people there.

Proper pub and nice staff better than the rude ********* over the road!

Archived