Crotch vs Kessler

Srg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These guys need to do it in a nuetral venue..

I mean, 118-110 implies Froch won 10 rounds to 2.. What an absolute farce that is..

The others were quite close, Kessler threw less punches but had a higher success rate.. The judges just follow the sound of the crowd, getting excited when Froch threw many punches that were hitting Kessler's hands or shoulders... You don't get points for that, so how the feck did they give Froch 10 rounds..

Do it again in Germany to decide whose the best..

Epic. Froch fair and square, but 118 - 110? What was that all about?

Boxing is always going to be like this.. The opinion of 3 judges swayed by their environment..

I watched Murray against Maravilla in Argentina and Murray clearly hit him more and even dropped him in the 7th or 8th.. Yet the judges gave Sergio Martinez a clear victory..

It was so biased and wrong it was unreal.. But what can they do? Give the correct scores to an Englishman in Buenos Aires, they would have been murdered afterwards..

Boxing is always going to be like this.. The opinion of 3 judges swayed by their environment..

I watched Murray against Maravilla in Argentina and Murray clearly hit him more and even dropped him in the 7th or 8th.. Yet the judges gave Sergio Martinez a clear victory..

It was so biased and wrong it was unreal.. But what can they do? Give the correct scores to an Englishman in Buenos Aires, they would have been murdered afterwards..

Fair comment. I remember reading about that fight (although I didn't see it) and the journo said much the same thing. You've got to knock 'em out to get a draw away from home. Irritates the sporting purist in you though doesn't it?

Fair comment. I remember reading about that fight (although I didn't see it) and the journo said much the same thing. You've got to knock 'em out to get a draw away from home. Irritates the sporting purist in you though doesn't it?

I blame Billy Davies

World IBF super-middleweight champion Carl Froch says only heavyweight Lennox Lewis rivals him as the best British boxer.

"The recognition has been a long time coming, but I'm getting the recognition I deserve now," Froch told BBC Sport.

"In Great Britain I'm number one. It's between me and Lennox Lewis, depending on how far you are going back."

"I'm a superstar in my own right, in my own country," said Froch.

"I can't think of any British fighter who can say they are more exciting than me because of the manner I conduct myself and my fighting style in the ring.

"Amir Khan and David Haye are involved in exciting fights but I have provided more frequent entertainment and I fight the best of the best.

"In the pound-for-pound rankings I'm in the top 10 in the world and, in terms of winning a fight, Andre Ward is number two.

"But on a pound-for-pound list for entertainment I would not put him in the top 20. It's an entertainment business and if you don't entertain you won't get any fights."

You can tell he's from Nottingham.. Deluded or what..

What an absolute ****.. 

Forget that he is from Nottingham for a second, a **** is a ****.. remember when he rang Calzaghe live on EMT and put him on loud speaker begging for a fight, and rightfully wasn't even given the time of day - idiot! 

Just wish someone could put him completely on his arse, and properly - I know he is a 'good' boxer in a poor quality weight class, but he's milking it a bit, isn't it? 

now remembering he is from Nottingham, maybe the gumpy **** should do some more poses in Forest shirts to try and sell more FOOTBALL tickets.. **** club! 

In my time probably Eubank, and certainly Benn and Calzaghe rate as better boxers and better box-office. Without leaving his weight category or thinking about it too hard.

In my time probably Eubank, and certainly Benn and Calzaghe rate as better boxers and better box-office. Without leaving his weight category or thinking about it too hard.

Micheal Watson and Steve Collins would also rate higher that Croth.

Archived