Xbox 720/Infinity/Whatever reveal. Today, 5pm

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might go back to Playstation next time.

I won't bother with any if its all shooters. CoD and Battlefield. Leave it at that. Make actual games again please.

I was kinda hoping for a brand new wow game to make me want one, instead think I'll be saving my money. FIFA, Forza, Halo, COD all will look better but you know they will play the same.

Has it been confirmed anywhere how much Xbox Live will be?

Already have to pay like £30-40 a year for it, just to play online!

Pretty good though. I've never had a PS3 but people I know who have both consoles say Live is better than Network. I don't know anyone who prefers Network.

I have enjoyed a few arcade titles. There's another one next month. The prices are good. It's reliable. I've never had any problems.

Not in the 'show' but it has been confirmed that there's no backwards compatability, also see a report saying the 'always-on' thing is not true (but it's a 'developing' story)

One good point was that the xbox live service will have thousands of separate servers, so hopefully that means that the service will be better/more reliable, but who knows.

I was kinda hoping for a brand new wow game to make me want one, instead think I'll be saving my money. FIFA, Forza, Halo, COD all will look better but you know they will play the same.

Exactly. Call Of Duty 18 will be no different to Call Of Duty 4. And if you miss Fifa out for a year what are you missing? Bale at Real Madrid and 2 new celebrations?

I thought Xbox would be packing some big PC ports eventually which is why I bought it. But I won't fall for that again.

One good point was that the xbox live service will have thousands of separate servers, so hopefully that means that the service will be better/more reliable, but who knows.

I've never had a problem with this Live. Not really getting excited when they announce that something that works fine will continue to work fine.

I can't believe we're not talking about what game developers are going to be able to do. How its going to be able to play PC games. How much depth leading franchises like GTA will be able to have. How exciting new titles of vast range of genres are already in the pipeline.

Bit disappointed so far.

Remember the mind blowing Playstation one? Bit different to a Sega Mega Drive.

Sonic the Hedgehog, Spyro, Crash, Pokemon, Mario, Ratchet and Clank, Jak 'n' Daxter, Halo, Uncharted, Gears... all innovative games that made you want to buy a console. As far as I can tell neither console has a game that will be seen as iconc and will sell each console itself. 

GTA and Resident Evil were doing things people had never really seen done before.

I thought the Xbox might come with the power to bring in popular PC titiles like the Total War games or FM. It's just going to be a 100mph arcade shooter.

I'm going to have to spend time with the missus. Is Coronation Street any good?

GTA and Resident Evil were doing things people had never really seen done before.

I thought the Xbox might come with the power to bring in popular PC titiles like the Total War games or FM. It's just going to be a 100mph arcade shooter.

Football Manager 08 came out on 360 to be fair, dreadful  :lol:

Football Manager 08 came out on 360 to be fair, dreadful  :lol:

You take that back right now, whats a matter with it??? Am I getting mixed up with Chap Manager 07???

Not got anything to add to this thread in general as agree with most that has been said, Im just not fussed about my 360 anymore as the games available are just.....meh......at best!!!

Im an old man now....................

Just read a bit more on the Xbox One.

It's already got a lot to dislike about it. And it's reveal pretty much bombed with gamers all over. Main complaints seem to be that it's being seen as an entertainment centre, it's pretty much putting a stop to swapping and picking up cheap per-owned games and it needs to connect to the Internet regularly.

One comment is saw "I didn't realise watching TV was so hard. Thanks Microsoft for stepping in to help"

Ps4 it is.

If Sony can add some decent features to the PSN and take away the ridiculous trophy system then that'll win on ever level against the Xbox....one.

Only plus side with the Xbox is it'll always be easy to hack, unlike the ps.

PS4 will probably be better but Xbox has a way better community(+halo) and the compared specs of both systems look pretty similar (based of gaming computers)

And Xbox gets exclusive ultimate team features :p

Judging by comments about the new One... I would think that community will shrink.

PS4 all the way.

Archived