How hard is it to get a job there ?

Cisse

Can't help thinking about to having a go to move there for a year and experiencing one season of my favourite team close up. How hard hard would it be to get a part time job there without any special skills ? Any chance to get a job at a pub or something ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help thinking about to having a go to move there for a year and experiencing one season of my favourite team close up. How hard hard would it be to get a part time job there without any special skills ? Any chance to get a job at a pub or something ?

You really are drunk , aren't you ..

:p

I really am. The thing is I do think about this sober also. These Chimay Blues just make me brave enough to think I could actully do it. At this age.

Hi Mo !

Just tried to send you a long PM but got a message that you cant receive any PM messages now. Don't know if i'm messing up here or what is going on. Anyway I'd like to reach you somehow let's say next weekend when I'm in full strenght physically and mentally so let me knoe how can I do it. Cheers.

Hi Mo !

Just tried to send you a long PM but got a message that you cant receive any PM messages now. Don't know if i'm messing up here or what is going on. Anyway I'd like to reach you somehow let's say next weekend when I'm in full strenght physically and mentally so let me knoe how can I do it. Cheers.

mebbe me box is full , i'll delete some m8..

It can be easy to get a job and it can be very difficult too.

in the months before i got my job (last month) i was applying for around 15 jobs a week and didn't hear a thing back from 99% of them.

The time i was looking for a job after my apprenticeship i got one the week after i finished.

All in all its pretty much down to luck, thats if you're putting a lot (and i mean a lot) of effort in.

If you aren't really trying you may still get lucky but it will be near on impossible!

Depends on well trained, or if you have any skills really.

I didn't really have much coming into my job, I am currently at - I was an electrician by trade, so that was pretty much the be all and end all of my skill-set (i did the same thing day in day out, and didn't pick anything up) managed to get a pretty good job at loughborough university, and now there is so many things I can do competently and tonnes of different jobs I could do, including higher educational qualifications and currently doing a part-time degree (that I don't have to pay a penny for) 

Make yourself an asset, bring something to the table and you'll get a job in no time! 

Do-able in my opinion. If you genuinely don't mind rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in to whatever is available, you can get some sort of work. Might take a bit of time to find something with more pay, better hours or whatever.

If a bloke can string a coherent sentence together, can turn up on time and has a positive attitude, no problem.

Do it fella, it'd be inspiring - there might even be a book in it. If that **** can get "Around Ireland with a Fridge" published, why not?

The thing is if you willing to do anything to get off the dole there is lots of work out there it may not be the best job in the world but thats life I just had a quick look & my clients currently have over 200 jobs in derby alone at the moment & thats only in roles like sales, marketing, travel, HR & legal never mind all the other types of jobs and companies we don't deal with  

The thing is if you willing to do anything to get off the dole there is lots of work out there it may not be the best job in the world but thats life I just had a quick look & my clients currently have over 200 jobs in derby alone at the moment & thats only in roles like sales, marketing, travel, HR & legal never mind all the other types of jobs and companies we don't deal with  

When i was applying for jobs a lot of them had around 130 people applying for each one!

Archived