end of season review

I can't think of anything that genuinely got me excited all season, I know I have posted derogatory messages on the Forest thread this afternoon but in retrospect at least they had something to go for right down to the last game of the season, our season never really started it just petered out after Christmas without even a whimper

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of anything that genuinely got me excited all season, I know I have posted derogatory messages on the Forest thread this afternoon but in retrospect at least they had something to go for right down to the last game of the season, our season never really started it just petered out after Christmas without even a whimper

Mashing up Watford? Winning at florist? The traditional double over the dirties? 50-odd goals at PPS?

This isn't Championship Manager or Charsepool Utd glory hunting, this is Championship football with 23 other clubs competing at broadly our level.

Loads of highs, loads of lows. Bring on Pre-season.

What body part is your "One Nation" tattoo on?

I don't endorse that ******* Milliband spews, Neither am I a labour supporter, I just don't like people getting their facts wrong.

Mashing up Watford? Winning at florist? The traditional double over the dirties? 50-odd goals at PPS?

This isn't Championship Manager or Charsepool Utd glory hunting, this is Championship football with 23 other clubs competing at broadly our level.

Loads of highs, loads of lows. Bring on Pre-season.

We always beat Forest and Leeds so nothing out of the ordinary there

We always beat Forest and Leeds so nothing out of the ordinary there

Yeah, but if it doesn't get you excited you should get your pulse checked.

I don't endorse that ******* Milliband spews, Neither am I a labour supporter, I just don't like people getting their facts wrong.

Your counter arguments would be debatable though, and just because the tories might/would have done the same thing, doesn't mean that it wasn't the wrong thing to do.

Yeah, but if it doesn't get you excited you should get your pulse checked.

Nope, was totally ambivalent when I was watching the game at Elland Road as I knew win, lose or draw we would be finishing the season in mediocre mid table position. And I was right.

Your counter arguments would be debatable though, and just because the tories might/would have done the same thing, doesn't mean that it wasn't the wrong thing to do.

Agreed, its just that I'm appreciative of a lot of things Tony Blair did, I saw the area where I live transformed dramatically with the building of new schools etc. agreed you don't get the deficiet down by borrowing more.

As much as Nigel does certain things well, 2 key areas where he has failed for his entire time here still arent improving. We're still **** away from home, we have been for his entire time here, he's done nothing to improve it, he's done nothing to suggest it's going to improve, this alone makes it hard to see how we're going to get promoted. Secondly his failure to sign a decent striker, another problem which hasnt improved in his entire time here. All have been average/poor and none have been prolific.

I challenge anyone who thinks we'll get promoted under Clough to explain to me how, when these two things are huge problems. Their is nothing to suggest either will improve, nothing. Anyone that thinks they will are doing so on pure hope and blind faith for Clough.

you seriously think it's a challenge to explain your second point. Strikers cost money. more than other positions. proven goal scorers are the most expensive. clough has a limited budget. He seemed to be after hooper. if we had this player then our away points would improve.

Tip for next season. change your name to eastderbyshireram. only go to home games then every single post wouldn't be a moan about our away form. yes its poor, but as someone else pointed out, we are pretty good at home. do u want a new manager every time we fail to make the playoffs. you do realise where the club was at when clough arrived? You do realise what the owners strategy is yeah?

The improvement in the squad in cloughs time has been obvious. the noises we hear about transfers seem positive, although i imagine u and your like will say everyone of them is rubbish.

I remember your comments before the cardiff away game along u were basically printing money by betting on us to lose. hopefully you'll look more of a fool next season.

Positives. We dominated in soooo many games...

Negatives. NC,“The result and performance summed up the previous 22 away games.

“We played well and looked like we were going to go on and win the game after we equalised, yet we have nothing to show for our efforts'..... 'We paid the price for our failures in both penalty areas'.....

As i said a while back, next season is an IF season !

I think we ought to have a good old political discussion - but in the 'Off Topic' area

Sacking Paul Jewell was the worst thing that ever happened to this football club. 

Hi, Paul.

Not making a video today?

Positives :

• Will Hughes
  • Jeff Hendrick becoming a dominant NPC midfielder 
  • Sam Rush's appointment, someone who actually knows football and has a lot of good contacts we can use
  • Home Form
  • The ability to play entertaining good football
  • Top Ten finish

Negatives:

• Away form is appalling
  • Nigel still doesn't have a Plan B
  • No consistency (which goes for nearly all teams in the NPC)  

you seriously think it's a challenge to explain your second point. Strikers cost money. more than other positions. proven goal scorers are the most expensive. clough has a limited budget. He seemed to be after hooper. if we had this player then our away points would improve.

Tip for next season. change your name to eastderbyshireram. only go to home games then every single post wouldn't be a moan about our away form. yes its poor, but as someone else pointed out, we are pretty good at home. do u want a new manager every time we fail to make the playoffs. you do realise where the club was at when clough arrived? You do realise what the owners strategy is yeah?

The improvement in the squad in cloughs time has been obvious. the noises we hear about transfers seem positive, although i imagine u and your like will say everyone of them is rubbish.

I remember your comments before the cardiff away game along u were basically printing money by betting on us to lose. hopefully you'll look more of a fool next season.

You're point about strikers cost money is such a weak, weak argument. If it had happened over one season, then yes you might have a point. As it's happened for 4-5 years where he's spent millions on other positions and countless other strikers have been discovered which have proven themselves at this level then it doesnt really wash. 

Do I want a new manager every time we fail to make the play offs? No, but I do after he fails for 5 years on the trott where we havent even had a realistic chance with about 10 games to go. 

I do realise where we were when Clough arrived, a squad full of average players on big wages. He's done really well to build a squad of average players on small wages, for that I applaud him. I also applaud him for making us a solid home outfit. 

You still didnt answer my point about how you expect the away form to improve so we can have a realistic chance of promotion? The reason being, you cant, cos there's nothing to suggest it will. 

What are your expectations for next season?

All in all I think this season has been a slight improvement. The overall play and amount of goals are much better and the fact our players are getting linked with the prem has to be taken as a positive. We have the build up play in midfield we just need that striker and cover in places but we cant be far off now..

Nige needs to work on the basics of changing the game when things arnt working and taking the simple option and not playing players out of position. 

I'd also like to see Jacobs get given a go because he looks good in patches and is a young lad just not had the chance to stake a claim 

but overall an up and down season with highs and lows but we are in a good position to push next season now

Archived