• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives

Season is over

We have a big tv in corner and on outside of ground

Doyle has a new contract

Negatives

In 12 months time we will still be relying on other teams to provide the entertainment whilst we accept mid table mediocrity again

Positives

Season is over

We have a big tv in corner and on outside of ground

Doyle has a new contract

Negatives

In 12 months time we will still be relying on other teams to provide the entertainment whilst we accept mid table mediocrity again

Where's it been announced Doyles got a new contract - need to arrange a party :)

Positives:

The season's over and the weather's taken a turn for the better.

Negatives:

Now I've got Derbyshire to support for 3 months.

Positives

Hughes

Brayford back to his first season form

Hughes

Hendrick despite not turning up until Xmas came on a better player than he's ever been.

All good until the second half of the season.

Hughes

Final position

Keogh in

The attitude Coutts brings

Negatives

Atmosphere at PP somehow managed to get worse!! How!!?

Disappointed in Sammon. Admit I did have high expectations.

Bailey not wanted

Away form (again)

We used to be ok against set pieces.

Shackell out

Second half of season (again)

Meh. Another year. Pass the whiskey

As much as Nigel does certain things well, 2 key areas where he has failed for his entire time here still arent improving. We're still **** away from home, we have been for his entire time here, he's done nothing to improve it, he's done nothing to suggest it's going to improve, this alone makes it hard to see how we're going to get promoted. Secondly his failure to sign a decent striker, another problem which hasnt improved in his entire time here. All have been average/poor and none have been prolific. 

I challenge anyone who thinks we'll get promoted under Clough to explain to me how, when these two things are huge problems. Their is nothing to suggest either will improve, nothing. Anyone that thinks they will are doing so on pure hope and blind faith for Clough. 

As much as Nigel does certain things well, 2 key areas where he has failed for his entire time here still arent improving. We're still **** away from home, we have been for his entire time here, he's done nothing to improve it, he's done nothing to suggest it's going to improve, this alone makes it hard to see how we're going to get promoted. Secondly his failure to sign a decent striker, another problem which hasnt improved in his entire time here. All have been average/poor and none have been prolific. 

I challenge anyone who thinks we'll get promoted under Clough to explain to me how, when these two things are huge problems. Their is nothing to suggest either will improve, nothing. Anyone that thinks they will are doing so on pure hope and blind faith for Clough. 

Another consistently annoying thing about Nige (imo). Late subs. Too late. Something isn't working and it stays not working. Nothing noticeable changes. Not very often anyway. Tired player, exposed weakness, poor player performance.... From the first minute to the 88th the team stays the same.

Of course it might backfire and we play worse with changes. Also he's hardly spoiled for options.

But there it is. It frustrates me watching things slip away as the match goes on

Everyone saying this season has been a disappointment and Clough is not right for the job are hypocrites. You pay every ear for a season ticket, you have the right to protest, to petition to get the manager out but instead people are just all talk and no actions, Clough is still in his job because the board have a long term vision for the club, and yes long term may seem painful at first, but its so evident we are improving every season.

If you don't think he's the right man for the job, then who else are you going to suggest, that is as passionate about Derby than Nigel Clough, if you want him out, petition and protest, dont renew, simple as that. I'm fed of of people complaining.

Quite honestly, I can't help but look at the table and feel as though this season is a huge opportunity missed. I look at how we have performed in the second half of the season and wonder what might have been had we taken the feel-good factor we had at the club in the autumn and pushed on.

January was a key period in the season where we didn't really use the transfer window to any effect and as a result began to run out of steam thereafter. We had a quietly encouraging first half of the season but let even the slightest bit of momentum slip away to the point where we had effectively found ourselves out of contention as early as February.

It's strange that at this very moment, my overwhelming feeling is that tenth flatters us a little. Sure, the league table doesn't lie but we've been fortunate. When you look how poor, naive, sloppy and inconsistent we have been since the turn of the year, there are probably 6-8 teams around us who have been guilty of similar and as a result, we have scrambled into the top 10. 28 points from our last 23 games simply isn't the standard bearer for one of the better teams in the division, something which our final league position would suggest.

Don't get me wrong, there were times this season where we have shown real promise and there were signs that we could compete in the right manner at the right end of the table. But performances like Leeds, Cardiff and Blackpool at home seem a distant memory. How many top drawer performances have we had in recent times? How many performances even register as good? Very few, let's be honest.

Next season is a fresh start. Every team has a clean slate. Every team starts from zero. That could be a blessing or a curse for us, who knows. Admittedly, I'm not sure there will be many years where the division is as tightly contested and congested as this year's and present as many openings as it has. But what's clear is that even now, there is still a considerable gap for us to bridge to the top six.

Personally, I would like to see another manager given the opportunity to take us forward, but realistically Clough is here to stay and realistically, we probably need 4-5 major signings - a centre back, a striker, a central midfielder and a left back - and significant investment to progress.

So I hope both Clough and the board approach the summer transfer window with the top six in their sights. Anything less and fans will only continue to feel disenchanted with the leadership of the club.

It's worth pointing out that for all our crap away form, Pride Park is becoming a bit of a fortress - I suppose that's because we are better playing positively, or perhaps we are better when the opposition play negatively. How to transfer that home form to being more competent (if not brilliant) on the road is the ultimate conundrum. I suppose in order to do that we would need a different style with different players in some positions, which in itself requires a bigger squad.

OK, I've just realised that I've stated the obvious and in the same sentence I've stated the impossibilities. Who'd be a manager?

SillyBilly

Everyone saying this season has been a disappointment and Clough is not right for the job are hypocrites. You pay every ear for a season ticket, you have the right to protest, to petition to get the manager out but instead people are just all talk and no actions,

People still voted Labour in Derbyshire despite Ed Milliband. Must be the same forces at work.

Everyone saying this season has been a disappointment and Clough is not right for the job are hypocrites. You pay every ear for a season ticket, you have the right to protest, to petition to get the manager out but instead people are just all talk and no actions, Clough is still in his job because the board have a long term vision for the club, and yes long term may seem painful at first, but its so evident we are improving every season.

If you don't think he's the right man for the job, then who else are you going to suggest, that is as passionate about Derby than Nigel Clough, if you want him out, petition and protest, dont renew, simple as that. I'm fed of of people complaining.

Supporters were here before Nige kicked a ball for Forest and they'll be here when he's stopped managing Derby. Through the thick and the thin.

This is a place where people let out their frustrations. I personally moan a lot on here but I give 100% vocal backing at a match.

Thing is mate, people can't really control who is at the club. Many are fed up and frustrated but clearly not angry enough to do anything about it.

I agree that those who really want Nige out should do something about it. Protest before and after games. Write angry letters. But for I don't think not renewing is a part of that. You go to games because you're part of something. You are DCFC. You can't switch off. It's either evict those who are no good. Grit your teeth and hold tight or back those wearing the badge to the hilt. Having a problem with Clough isn't having a problem with DCFC.

I hate people bringing negative atmosphere to PP though. Kick a dog or pushover a toddler or something. Get behind the team for 90mins you miserable fookers!

People still voted Labour in Derbyshire despite Ed Milliband. Must be the same forces at work.

There was no alternative.

SillyBilly

There was no alternative.

Noone could do a better job than Cameron Clough with the resources he has been given, the mess he inherited from Labour  Jewell has set us back 10 years. :ph34r:

Noone could do a better job than Cameron Clough with the resources he has been given, the mess he inherited from Labour  Jewell has set us back 10 years. :ph34r:

Labour didnt cause the economic crisis.

We all lived in a massive housing bubble that wasnt going to last forever

It was the banks that caused the economic recession, and Gordon brown saved the banks as any other prime minister would have done because letting the banks default was not a viable option,

The cossrvstives supported every single like for like Labour spending policies up until 2007.

The fact the economy is not growing under this government is because of European recession and debt crisis, not Labour.

The UK compared with the US has had lower growth, and unemployment is rising again.

I think you will find every major country in the g8 has a massive deficiet and manges very well.

SillyBilly

Labour didnt cause the economic crisis.

We all lived in a massive housing bubble that wasnt going to last forever

It was the banks that caused the economic recession, and Gordon brown saved the banks as any other prime minister would have done because letting the banks default was not a viable option,

The cossrvstives supported every single like for like Labour spending policies up until 2007.

The fact the economy is not growing under this government is because of European recession and debt crisis, not Labour.

The UK compared with the US has had lower growth, and unemployment is rising again.

I think you will find every major country in the g8 has a massive deficiet and manges very well.

What body part is your "One Nation" tattoo on?

Archived