Derby look to strengthen after local businessman invests

davenportram

Yep - a point made when fending off questions about price rises.

Might also explain why our wage budget is bottom 4 in the championship (as per a source that remains nameless)

Something that was denied publicly by apperbly I think it was.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was said on Footballer's Football Show yesterday that Barnsley, Pboro and Millwall have by far the lowest wage bills in Championship, rest in are in the £10 million+ range, with 4 or 5 having much higher

Yeh,that's for total wages though-the figures published in the accounts.

Something that was denied publicly by apperbly I think it was.

Trouble is,the local media never seem to specify players' only wages when putting the question.This gives the respondant the scope to answer as though the question had implied total wages (wouldn't matter one jot if both parties had realised that players' wages were of the essence).If they wanted an answer to a specific question,then they should have had the question nailed down.

Trouble is,the local media never seem to specify players' only wages when putting the question.This gives the respondant the scope to answer as though the question had implied total wages (wouldn't matter one jot if both parties had realised that players' wages were of the essence).If they wanted an answer to a specific question,then they should have had the question nailed down.

But would it not be a difficult question, do you for example include the costs of the development of players like Hughes and Hendrick?

Also is our squad size not one of the smallest? Something clough senior liked, therefore is our wage budget lower as a result of this, and the average player salary maybe on a par ?

Not that I doubt we lack investment to guide us to the top of the league, but is it as bad as the bottom 4 all things considered?

No he denied bottom 6 and that was a couple of seasons back wasn't it?

Earlier this season, think rush also said something along these lines recently, apperbly quote was :-

"Clearly, we are maybe not at the top end but we are certainly not at the bottom"

Talk about open quote - 4th from bottom isn't bottom or at the top end

I'm sure you will argue, like u did with sammon at 1.2m, that the below says bottom 3 not 4. However please feel free to show me the bottom 4 quote you have.....oh I forgot, u have a source that knows all wage structures within this league....

A worker from Rolls Royce said we have a wafer thin squad without any real depth in numbers. Also said we have a wage structure that is in “the bottom 3” clubs in the championship. Asked if the owners are really that ambitious (ie evidence seemed to be to the contrary of the hyperbole).

SR:s Answer

Emphatically shot down that we are in the bottom 3 of the wages structure in the Championship. Said boldly that there was significant change and investement of £3.6m in the summer transfer market. Repeated and emphasis the point that significant progress has been made. He also added that certain types of players now want to come to Derby County and gave the example of Michael Jacobs. Several Premiership Clubs wanted Jacobs and several Championship clubs wanted him too. His reputation is of a very up and coming young player with a great future in the game. Jacobs was emphatic about coming to Derby County.

Never said I had a source that new all wage structures in the league - just someone who named only three teams in the current championship and they match the table ramblur spoke about

Also does the question put to SR say players wages?

You mean this table? I can only post a link as I don't know how to post picture on phone

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=16&act=1&mid=2112919599

Yep that one - and that was for last seasons accounts. The teams my source said are lower than us share lower than us in that table

and that table is for total club wages - as ramblur pointed out take non playing wages out we will drop further down the table

in fact ignore splitting the wages and factor in Bywater,green Pearson Davies leaving we could well drop even further down the table on total wages without the need to know how much were players wages

and as you say bottom 4 isn't bottom 3. Given that question its easy to Absolutely we are not bottom 3.

Addendum - lookig at the table too all jt would take for the info I have to be correct is Blackpool,palace and Watford to up there bill a little and us to cut ours a bit and the promoted teams to have a higher budget than us (Wednesday, Charlton and Huddersfield)

But that's my point, I'm not denying we could be bottom 4, but if we can't split the wages, how is your source able to do that?

For other clubs not derby? Do they split it in the accounts, and is he basing his figures on last or this year, so for example is sammon included or not ?

Fair enough if he has all this info, so it would be interesting to know how he does?

But that's my point, I'm not denying we could be bottom 4, but if we can't split the wages, how is your source able to do that?

For other clubs not derby? Do they split it in the accounts, and is he basing his figures on last or this year, so for example is sammon included or not ?

Fair enough if he has all this info, so it would be interesting to know how he does?

But my above 2 posts are based on how we could easily be bottom 4 total wages.

But my above 2 posts are based on how we could easily be bottom 4 in using last seasons total wages as a starting point wages• no need to split the wages for this.

I agree we could be but was referring to

Might also explain why our wage budget is bottom 4 in the championship (as per a source that remains nameless)

Archived