Derby look to strengthen after local businessman invests

davenportram

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/derby_look_to_strengthen_after_local_businessman_invests/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sportspromedia-soccer+%28SportsProMedia+-+Soccer%29&utm_medium=feed

Long

Championship club Derby County have announced a five-year sponsorship deal with local businessman Don Amott.

The new agreement sees Amott up his commitment to the Rams by investing a six-figure sum to acquire the naming rights to what is currently known as the Brian Clough Lounge at Pride Park Stadium.

The Don Amott Suite, as the lounge will be known, is set for a refurbishment funded by Amott. The space will be transformed into an executive level dining facility for use on both match and non-match days.

Amott, who owns Don Amott Leisure Parks and is a former Derby County director and shareholder, said: “I have been an avid supporter of the club, since my first season ticket in 1961. It is a pleasure for my family and I to be in a position to be able to help the club financially.

•Derby County strike new Identity deal

•Wasserman’s Rush to be new Derby County chief

"I am looking forward to supporting Sam Rush in taking our great club forward."

Rush, Derby’s president and chief executive, added: “I am delighted that Don has chosen to invest in the club at this time.

“I have made a pledge to supporters that new revenue lines will be explored to enable further investment for Nigel Clough to improve his squad and the sponsorship, together with the new high specification sponsor lounge will enable us to continue to drive more funds to the team.”

As part of the new deal, Amott also becomes honorary vice chairman of the club, which is currently tenth in England’s second tier

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A six figure sum takes you anywhere from £100k to £999k,and after considering what exactly is involved,you can make your own minds up as to where on the scale it's likely to be.'Significant' could mean anything-it could mean significantly into six figures,or that

even a lower range figure is considered significant.No doubt they'd like folks to think that close to a million is going into the transfer kitty.I'll await the actions.

S/T renewal time becomes more like the run up to a General Election every year.

Having said that,well done Don. 

Yeh,I knew that,and it doesn't say whether it's up front or so much a year (which rather dilutes the annual sum).Still,every little helps (unless it's plugging a S/T shortfall).

Presume that must be per head? I'll answer my own question-it must be.Might even drop further if large numbers have down sized.

Presume that must be per head? I'll answer my own question-it must be.Might even drop further if large numbers have down sized.

Yep - a point made when fending off questions about price rises.

Might also explain why our wage budget is bottom 4 in the championship (as per a source that remains nameless)

Yep - a point made when fending off questions about price rises.

Might also explain why our wage budget is bottom 4 in the championship (as per a source that remains nameless)

Feck it,we've been in a relegation battle after all.

Archived