Leeds United v Derby County

Boycie

Joking aside, If we'd hung on at two of Birmingham, Cardiff and Sheff Wed, and get the point we deserved vs Palace, we'd be on 58, and bang in it. Small margins.

Beat Leeds 2-1.

On holiday, just got back after an evening on the ale, watched the game in a bar surrounded by dirties. I don't have to tell you just how effing enjoyable that was. I'm so happy/partially drunk I could cry laughing. COYR. Awesome day out.  BUCKO for England. :)  :D  :lol:  'kin 'ave it. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Care to elaborate on why the bray won't sit with the fans again? Was there trouble?

As Scott says below, he just looked embarrassed constantly. All the pissed up brigade harassing him, question after question. 

He left straight after Bucko had scored, probably to escape more interrogations. 

First game I have seen live for a while so I can contribute to the matchday thread.

First half was Dire, we had control for the most part but did nothing with it, lost the middle when Bryson went off - anyway - player ratings:

Fielding - 7.5 Solid game, not the greatest punch leading up to their goal but it was a belter and he had no chance of stopping it - made some good saves and seemed fairly confident

Freeman - 7 decent - does not look out of place, not got the x-factor of Brayford but room to improve

Forsyth - 8.5, I was really impressed - puts in a good cross, solid defensively, made one error and gave away a corner and looked really pi$$ed off with himself - good in the air

Keogh - 7  good game, very steady

Buxton - 9, I was actually thinking during the second half that he looked like the senior partner in the CB area whereas most people assume it is Keogh, he was very solid and just got rid of everything - then he scored the winner!! - MOM

Bryson - 7 gave us a really good platform before he went off and we missed him, him and Hendrick look good together, he just tweeted that it was the groin again but hopes to be fit for Saturday, I hope he is as we really need him

Hendrick - 8 he was our best midfielder imo, made some mistakes but was the one who showed the most quality, his run and cross for the "offside" goal was great

Coutts - 6 I know a few are saying he played well but he just annoyed me, took the rebound well (lets face it with Sammon taking they should all be charging in for rebounds) I can see how he can be effective but he seems to insist on trying to beat a man everytime he gets it, even when a give and go would be more effective. it's ok playing on the wing but it cost us some control when he moved inside

Davies 7.5 - good game, worked hard and delivery was dangerous

Martin - 5 really disappointed, from the bits I had seen I thought he was going to be a good addition but his touch was off, he wasn't mobile enough and didn't offer a threat - hopefully he improves

Sammon - 6 looks totally out of form, penalty was awful, gave it away more times than I can remember - he has the tools (size, pace, power) but lacks talent, that said he worked very hard and hurried their cb's all day - cannot understand the boos though, aside from the fact that you should not boo your own he works hard and doesn't let his head drop - and Diouf and warnock were out there - surely all the abuse should be aimed at them, much more deserving

On the Leeds side, their right back looks a good player and Aidy White caused a lot of problems when he came on - it was the only time Forsyth looked to struggle, would be good if a move was still on for him, he really looked like he was trying to make a point.

Finally Diouf - my god, yes he can play a bit but what a tw@t - I think he had a negative effect on the ref who gave a lot of 50-50's our way (although obviously not a stonewall penalty and an og that was a goal) - he was constantly going down for nothing and screaming at the ref who just got irritated and seemed to decide to give them nothing - played on the right mainly and Forsyth kept him very quiet

Oh you're dead right about Diouf, Borneo. What. A. Tw@t.

A few times he was unlucky to not get free kicks I thought. But he'd done too much diving and moaning.

Varney has been a dirty cheat every time I've seen him play for Leeds. He's a piece of *****. Waste of skin too.

Martin had his worse game I think. I didn't think Bryson got hold of the ball enough. After seeing a young 17yr old in our team pass the ball under intense pressure I kind of expect a bit more strength and composure from Bryson. I don't think he's looked right since injury.

Special mention to Jeff Hendrick. Seemed desperate to make things happen. Just as soon as he got 30yards from goal it just got sloppy. But again I thought he was key. Seemed to be the only one full of confidence. Everyone else looked a touch nervy.

First half is 45 mins ill never get back and second half showed how bad Leeds are. Most post summed up the game, I must say i really like the look of Martin, if we can get him for next season with a full pre season behind him he could be the 20 goal forward we need. He really missed Ward today the two work well together and are clearly on the same wave length. Also mention for MOM for me it was a toss up between Keogh or Hendrick.

Icing on the cake Warnock - LOL 

I thought their young lad that made his debut was brill, he 'd be better off with us though.

He looked about 15, didnt think he was very good though, he seemed to fall over about 10 times over the slightest contact. Not diving, just stupidly light weight.

Bryson given a 7? He done nothing, just like the rest of them first half. The match ratings should be split for this game, first half I'd give them all a 3 for contributing to one of the worse halves of football I've ever seen. Second half, you can give some proper match ratings. 

This is true, I had tried to erase from my mind the display of absolute petulance for the entire 90 minutes from Diouf and the close up shots of Warnock venting his spleen at the referee and fourth official whenever a throw in call went the wrong way

This is true, I had tried to erase from my mind the display of absolute petulance for the entire 90 minutes from Diouf and the close up shots of Warnock venting his spleen at the referee and fourth official whenever a throw in call went the wrong way

I could have sworn Diouf was substituted, having made no impact whatsoever, but obviously not

Archived