Hope.

TroyDyer

Maybe not all of us a so insular that we only see things that happen at the club. Surely a manager has to be judged in the basis of his career not a part of it? You can judge how he did at Derby but this is not to say he is a poor manager just because of that spell based on it being our club.

That said, he's not a great manager at all but there you go.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So because someone defends Jewell it means they're enlightened and because I say he's a **** manager I'm inuslar?

Think about it Wilko. Not the most diplomatic platform to start from.

I'm judging him on the only thing I care about. His time at Derby.

Maybe not all of us a so insular that we only see things that happen at the club. Surely a manager has to be judged in the basis of his career not a part of it? You can judge how he did at Derby but this is not to say he is a poor manager just because of that spell based on it being our club.

That said, he's not a great manager at all but there you go.

So because someone defends Jewell it means they're enlightened and because I say he's a **** manager I'm inuslar?

Think about it Wilko. Not the most diplomatic platform to start from.

I'm judging him on the only thing I care about. His time at Derby.

Ok well the opposite of insular wouldn't be enlightened and to be insular would be to be uninterested in things outside your own experience such as to judge him on the only thing you care about, Derby. I would say that fitted the definition of insular. Where as I would argue that others are judging him on a broader basis. That's all, so chill your boots.

Judge him on what you want. Couldn't give a monkeys but you asked the question of why people would judge him on stuff outside of Derby and that's the answer. Didn't want to offend so please don't take offence.

Who honestly, deep in their soul, still believes that Nigel Clough can take this club anywhere close to where we hope to be? Honestly.

Me, Honestly

Will that do?

Please feel free to read back over previous posts for justification.

All my hope under Nigel Clough went when we got hammered at the city ground 5-2.

Any under manager would have been sacked or position would've been under severe pressure.

The bloke is untouchable, I give him that.

But Troy I will say this; theres thousands on the offical Facebook page who will agree with you're anti Nigel posts. Look on there and it's plastered with fans wanting him gone.

Arthur Cox - The BEST by MILES

Jim Smith - Great days, but hung on too long

Billy Davies - Whatever you might think of him, he did what the rest of the managers below didnt - He got us promoted - his JOB.

George Burley - Nice football, failed at the final hurdle.

Roy Mac - See George Burley

Nigel Clough - See George Burley (at times) and we don't look like getting to the final hurdle.

John Gregory - Should have been given more time - Started some promiising work by getting rid of all the deadwood (Burley, Kinky etc)

Phil Brown - Oh dear

Paul Jewell - See Phiil Brown.

Colin Todd - The most embarrased i have ever been walking out of the Bristol Rovers FA Cup game.

It's good to see you have got cox at no1. some of the best seasons i have watched with arthur cox as manager. we finished 5th under him. the rest are about right too. i think jewell should be bottom just because he is useless.

Archived