Coventry City

ronnieronalde

I see they've appointed Steven Pressley. In my opinion that's a very astute appointment. He was one of those players who gave everything he had week in week out. A very decent centre half who would headbutt his mother in law if it was to stop a goal, possibly even if it was going wide anyway.

I've listened to a couple of his interviews and he's a lot more intelligent than I'd given him credit for. I like what I hear. He will certainly have his team pumped up and ready to play.

He's got 10 games left. They're a few points adrift.

Anyone else think he can get them up into the play offs?

Anyone care?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care one bit about the club, also Coventry away tends to be one of the more soul destroying days out of the season.

However it's another example of a club having the opportunity to transform the playing side of things, as well as a resurrection of large parts of their fanbase. 

All I know about Coventry is their ground is ridiculous. It's like attached to a conference centre or gym or both. No wonder it's always empty when you can't find the way in.

Anyway, careful mocking anything about Coventry. We've done 5 years mid table and have the same atmosphere. Still some more work to do though tbf.

It's unique from the outside I'll give the that. First time I went I wasn't 100% sure i was at the ground. Walked around it and came to some turnstiles! From one approach it just looks like anything but a football ground doesn't it?!

The thought that always strikes me about Coventry is "there but for the grace of Brian..."

They are owned by the foul parasitic hedge fund operators SISU, the group that Fatty and Shifty wanted to sell DCFC to before the LoG stepped in.

They always have my best wishes because I work in Coventry, and I've always found their fans to be a reasonable bunch. Proper club - like ours.

The thought that always strikes me about Coventry is "there but for the grace of Brian..."

They are owned by the foul parasitic hedge fund operators SISU, the group that Fatty and Shifty wanted to sell DCFC to before the LoG stepped in.

They always have my best wishes because I work in Coventry, and I've always found their fans to be a reasonable bunch. Proper club - like ours.

Indeed. Had Brian & Peter gone through with their threat to leave in '72, it may well have been Coventry ending up with multiple European Cups.

I've got a bit of time for Cov too - they've got proper support, sticking with their team despite not having finished top 6 in any division since 1970. Never understood why they left Highfield Road mind.

Archived